Best wishes from New Zealand

/ Best wishes from New Zealand #12  
38 today over the ditch, locked myself in with the aircon on.
It hit a top, yesterday, of 39.9C... The Liars (BOM) predict a hotter day today (it's already 36C).

I, too, will be 'bravely' recusing myself indoors for the day. No aircon for me as these hot days are so few and far between that it's not worth the expense having it installed.

Made it to midnight & rang the "Wagtail Park" bell to ring in the New Year (AND end my birthday).

All the best in '22 to all!

/ Best wishes from New Zealand
My goodness that must be unbearable, I take it you're in Aussie?

Last edited:
   / Best wishes from New Zealand #15  
It hit a top, yesterday, of 39.9C... The Liars (BOM) predict a hotter day today (it's already 36C).

I, too, will be 'bravely' recusing myself indoors for the day. No aircon for me as these hot days are so few and far between that it's not worth the expense having it installed.

Made it to midnight & rang the "Wagtail Park" bell to ring in the New Year (AND end my birthday).

Happy Birthday, Waggy.
Have you got tickets for the 5th Test ?

/ Best wishes from New Zealand #16  
Ta Mate!

Not going to Hobart for the 5th Test, it's a 3hr. (one way) trip and, by the time I'd get there the Poms will have been bowled out! :D

/ Best wishes from New Zealand #17  

Yeah, I know what you are going through. I saw 50C (122F) here in the Mojave about 20 years ago

Last edited:
   / Best wishes from New Zealand #18  
Ta Mate!

Not going to Hobart for the 5th Test, it's a 3hr. (one way) trip and, by the time I'd get there the Poms will have been bowled out! :D
Tragically true.
:rolleyes: