Better tie-down system for truck bed

/ Better tie-down system for truck bed
Thanks, BB. I have no doubt the E track system is good stuff. I'd just prefer something a little more understated.

The Core Uni Traxx or US Cargo Solutions L Track looks like exactly what I'd like to use if I can find a way to fasten it in a structurally sound manner. Videos from US Cargo seem to indicate it can be bolted to the bed rail lip and be fairly solid with bolts every 5". I'd prefer mid height of the bed sides for more down angle (and to accommodate shorter cargo) but it looks like nutserts are the only option for me there. Pretty sure I can't get to the back side if the inner bed sidewall. I haven't crawled underneath to confirm though.

Rob

/ Better tie-down system for truck bed #13  
I ran a small chain starting at the driver rear and thru every tie down and ended at the passenger side rear. Essentially one large U shape. Gives me multiple points to hook my tie down straps.
Good idea 2_thumbs-up.png

I use one heavy chain between the D-rings on each side of the tilt trailer for round bales:

PA050006.JPG
PA050018.JPG

/ Better tie-down system for truck bed
OK, I've got various rail options now. At this point I guess I'm just looking for methods people have used to properly fasten a rail of any type of the sidewall of the bed, preferably on a 4th gen Ram.

Thanks,
Rob

/ Better tie-down system for truck bed #16  
P8240002.JPGI have no use for canopies or toppers. This is what I do for bedrails on all my pickups.Stout as stout can be. I can put binders and chains on there no problem, Heavy duty yes, over kill, maybe. does work for me with anything of value and weight. Unbreakable I guess, never have rolled one of the trucks over to find that out

The steel is bent on a brake in a custom fab shop. Modern pickups don't have straight beds anymore. They have a taper front and back. So the rails need to be cut after forming. A small triangle is cut out of the side. Bent back to fit and welded, ground down smooth. The hooks are made and welded to the sides. Side rails are sitting on top of OEM plastic crap and bolted through with stainless nuts and bolts. Tail gate gets the same treatment.

/ Better tie-down system for truck bed #17  
OK, I've got various rail options now. At this point I guess I'm just looking for methods people have used to properly fasten a rail of any type of the sidewall of the bed, preferably on a 4th gen Ram.

Thanks,
Rob

Hardware Kits | Standard No Drill Installation Kit This doesn't really show much, but it's a mounting kit designed to utilize the stake pockets of your truck. It will work on front and back.
I have this type of rack Our products at Maine Truck Racks
on my company truck and another from my old Ranger, which I need to resize to my Colorado and also modify so that I can still use my tonneau cover. Not only are they great to tie off to, but offer a convenient handle for climbing in and out of the truck. They're also great for tying down anything from snowsleds and motorcycles to 100 lb propane tanks and cutting torches.