BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #21  
I can at least confirm R&R will stick your quoted price once you get a deposit down, and will do you right.

I got email confirmation on a nice professional typed letterhead as soon as I put my deposit down. It had all of the terms we had agreed upon listed. Color, customizations, price, etc.

Last edited:
   / BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #22  
Sent them another email on Monday, still no response! Going to try to see what Viking steel buildings, the ones that got the deposit, has to say.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #23  
Our daughter and I both had good luck with TNT carports. BUT . . . . that was nearly 20 years ago, so nothing I could say about them now would be valid today.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #24  
I can at least confirm R&R will stick your quoted price once you get a deposit down, and will do you right.

I got email confirmation on a nice professional typed letterhead as soon as I put my deposit down. It had all of the terms we had agreed upon listed. Color, customizations, price, etc.
Was the quoted price at last years metal prices or the curent metal price? Was what you ordered received last year or recently?

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #25  
My deposit was placed on 4/19/21.

I messaged them on 5/14/21 saying I had my site graded and ready to install.

I think it was a couple weeks after that they installed. From the time I ordered and placed my deposit to the time they installed (and the delay was mine not theirs) steel prices rose at least 20% and everybody I had been watching and pricing was charging surcharges.

They stuck to the price locked in upon my deposit though.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #26  
In July of 21, I ordered a 12x21x7 ft carport from Viking steel buildings. The sales guy took my deposit and a few weeks later I received an email, from Top Of Line metal buildings, with a contract for me to sign and return, which I did. After a few months and me sending emails, inquiring about the carport, they asked for site pictures. I took the pictures with my cell phone and texted them to them, I got a text back that the site pictures were accepted and the carport was now waiting to be scheduled to be installed, this was in Oct. 21.
Friday I get a text from TOL that the carport price has raised 33%, I asked them to give me an email address for me to respond. They did and I asked why the increase if my carport was to be scheduled for install back last October. They stated they did not get the site pictures, I stated that I sent them and got a text back that they were received and approved. They are asking me to prove that I sent them, I told them it was done with a text and they sent me a text stating they were received and approved, I do not/did not save that text. I emailed them and asked how the carport got all the way to be scheduled if they did not get the pictures? I have not gotten a reply from them. Am I out of a carport that should have been installed last year? ANY IDEAS WHAT i CAN DO AT THIS POINT?
Your service provider will have the texts that you require. They should be available for up to two years. So narrow down the dates and ask for ALL texts/pictures inclusive. Start with a few days prior and end with a few days after. You will get every text between those two dates in chronological order. There may be a cost involved...?

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #27  
Your service provider will have the texts that you require. They should be available for up to two years. So narrow down the dates and ask for ALL texts/pictures inclusive. Start with a few days prior and end with a few days after. You will get every text between those two dates in chronological order. There may be a cost involved...?
Thank you, I will look into that with my service provider, however the folks at TOL buildings and Viking steel structures, will not respond to any of my emails.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #28  
Sounds like you’re giving up….and letting them win. Time to involve a lawyer and maybe even get a class-action lawsuit started!!

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #29  
Sounds like you’re giving up….and letting them win. Time to involve a lawyer and maybe even get a class-action lawsuit started!!
Not sure what steps to take, going to ask my cell phone service provider to see if the texts sent last Aug/Oct can be recovered. If they can be, I can email TOL and send them to them, but will that help? I don't know. Lawyers are not free, if I can find one that would even be interested. Most of these steel carport/building business's have very poor ratings. If I ordered it now I would understand the metal market increase, but I ordered it June of 21.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #30  
Getting lawyers involved will cost you more money and frustration than the building total, i know, The state AG or the BBB might help , but more than likely not. Price increase on my building that i ordered in sept 2020 looks to be about 5 grand now, Construction materials have gone crazy , Lots of items we cant even get anymore.