BH Buckets

/ BH Buckets #1  

Patches

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 3054xs TLB
9" bh buckets on back-order;again or still?:mad: I find it difficult to believe they are selling THAT many "teaspoons". To be fair, my dealer had a 12" in stock, which I originally took home but after further consideration decided the 9" would work better for me. I don't know if the BIG 3 has this problem with CUT parts, but my local JD dealer has never failed to have parts for my jd lawn-tractor:cool:

/ BH Buckets #2  
I picked up a 9" bucket at my dealer a couple weeks ago, he had it in stock and it had just come in the day before. He had another guy coming in for it in a few days and let me have it because he could get another in a day or 2. Something sounds fishy with the backorder story.

/ BH Buckets #3  
They are first come first serve if the other dealer already had the 9" on order or it was a previous backorder it would be ahead of others.
When they are gone then you have to wait for stock to replenish.

Forecasting is a pain, as much as statistics help with forecasting, they aren't always right.
I have never sold the same variety from year to year at my biz.
One year 20's are hot next year 30's....then hst's...then gears LOL
Ya just never know.

BTI

/ BH Buckets #4  
I would stay with the 12" bucket.
I had a 9" on my previous backhoe. Did not like it, and rarely used it .(To hard to keep cleaned out, packed up with dirt all the time).

/ BH Buckets
DK35vince said:
I would stay with the 12" bucket.
I had a 9" on my previous backhoe. Did not like it, and rarely used it .(To hard to keep cleaned out, packed up with dirt all the time).
I got the 18 incher with the tractor for general-purpose use but think the 9" will work really well for trenching/ditching around the property without causing quite so much "collateral" damage. The soil comprising my property is light/sandy. I think I could excavate the whole lot to the maximum digging depth of the 2376 hoe and wouldn't find a bushel basket of rock and no clay. The buckets aren't that expensive and if I guessed wrong I guess i can go back and get the 12". Dealer might even take the 9 in trade:D

/ BH Buckets #6  
holey smokes Patches! Bushel full of dirt in my yard equals a bushel full of rocks, and I to am in southern Maine. You are fortunate to be able to dig so easy. Sounds like the niner will work for you, let us know how you make out.

/ BH Buckets
glmf said:
holey smokes Patches! Bushel full of dirt in my yard equals a bushel full of rocks, and I to am in southern Maine. You are fortunate to be able to dig so easy. Sounds like the niner will work for you, let us know how you make out.
You know how quickly the till changes around here;you can be digging in endless sand/gravel and 10 feet away be on granite ledge you can't blast through? Thank the ice-age glaciers. I just wish they had put up signs:rolleyes:

/ BH Buckets #8  
I ordered a 9" bucket from Westport L & G. It took less than a week to show up..............but it took me six months to go get it! I ordered it for a trenching job that got cancelled. So, there it sits with shiney paint

/ BH Buckets #9  
You could sell it to Patches.
But you know if you do that, someone will call and want you to do another job.
Hmmmmmmmm maybe you should sell it to Patches.....

BTI

/ BH Buckets
BTI said:
You could sell it to Patches.
But you know if you do that, someone will call and want you to do another job.
Hmmmmmmmm maybe you should sell it to Patches.....

BTI
I was thinking the same thing BTI,but then it appears he has a very rare item in his possession and could probably get an exorbitant price for it:eek: