BH Joystick Issue

/ BH Joystick Issue #21  
Makes sense as water under the boots will not evaporate and simply grow rust.
Perhaps a heavy dose of 'chain oil' (liquid grease) might be a deterrent.
Leaving tractors/equipment outside for extended periods has real $ costs!

Last edited:
   / BH Joystick Issue #22  
Makes sense as water under the boots will not evaporate and simply grow rust.
Perhaps a heavy dose of 'chain oil' (liquid grease) might be a deterrent.
Should be a great place to try out Fluid Film.

/ BH Joystick Issue #23  
Leaving tractors/equipment outside for extended periods has real $ costs!
For sure. I see that in lawn and garden equipment. Been sitting out since day 1. Grass growing on the top of the deck..... My brush hog sits out, but the shaft is on the shelf in the shop.

/ BH Joystick Issue
I ordered a full set of six items from Midwest Control last Friday for $22 and change. They're not real big on communication and I had to call today to see if the order was even in the system. They said it was and should ship by tomorrow (9/9), so I should have them by Saturday ... maybe.

Meanwhile, I managed to find a WaVoil part number buried in my BH Owner's Manual and sent that to Shull at Progressive. He got back to me after waiting to hear from WaVoil and say he can get the parts from them for $22/each for the two alike and $13 for the single one, so $55/per side .... but they're in short supply and he can only get enough to do one side.

If the less costly generics from Midwest don't work, I'll have to go the higher priced route.

Plan is to goop between the boot neck and the joystick shaft and cinch a cable tie or hose clamp down there to eliminate water passage. I'll grease the insides with Marine grease also.

I'm still not sure who puts this backhoe together for LS or if parts are available from them.

/ BH Joystick Issue
Got the parts from Midwest this morning. They'll work out fine. I have to grind the wrench flats on the body just a bit, but other than that, they're a direct fit.

BallJoints.jpg

/ BH Joystick Issue #26