BH65 backhoe dolly build

/ BH65 backhoe dolly build #11  
lol I build the same for mine works great till you hit a joint in the floor. And CanuckPT just build it bigger, make sure you get the heavy duty wheels that can take the weight. Got mine from good old Harbor F.

/ BH65 backhoe dolly build #12  
lol I build the same for mine works great till you hit a joint in the floor. And CanuckPT just build it bigger, make sure you get the heavy duty wheels that can take the weight. Got mine from good old Harbor F.

Thanks! I have improvised for now, I picked up some 1000# furniture dollies from TSC last week & I used 3 of them for now.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ BH65 backhoe dolly build #13  
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Built something VERY similar, using the small moving dollies from Harbor Freight, I used three of them and sort of copied this design. Works extremely well on a concrete floor. makes installing the backhoe so easy.

The 'T' part of the design is actually much wider than it needs to be, and for my small backhoe, a B65, probably only two moving dollies would be necessary, one in front and one under the bucket. I may modify mine.

Sorry no pic's

/ BH65 backhoe dolly build #14  
Thank you to all who helped design this bh dolly. I pretty much copied what y'all did. It worked fabulously. Once I got the bh on the dolly, I could really tell there was a lot of weight on it. It worked fine, but if I was starting over, I would try to build it out of oak and maybe look for some better wheels. But, it does seem to work just fine as is. Thanks all!

Photos: http://www.fototime.com/inv/0DBCAF118CB4248

Howard

/ BH65 backhoe dolly build
Looks good! The wheels are definitely the most important part, particularly the weight rating. Mine's still holding up after 5 years and somewhat rough treatment. It's amazing how much easier it makes life putting on and taking off the BH.