Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,471  
Terry do you prefer a magnetic ground? I've never used one. Sometimes struggle finding a place to clamp ground. Does magnetic ground also need clean surface?

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,472  
Where is the pic of you standing on it?

You can help with that on the next visit, Mark. We can flip for who stands on it and who takes the pic

#4,473  
If 3/4 inch plate steel is ~30# / sq ft...maybe 90 - 100# for the top?

What do you think for the whole table Mr. Terry...200#???

Nice...Thanks for sharing it!

The top is definitely over 100#

I was planning on scaling it today if anyone else wants to get their guesstimates in.

*note I incorrectly mentioned earlier that the post was 6” but it is only 5” diameter 3/8" wall.

Last edited:
#4,474  
Terry do you prefer a magnetic ground? I've never used one. Sometimes struggle finding a place to clamp ground. Does magnetic ground also need clean surface?

I like the magnetic ground better for the small jobs I work on. I can attach it closer to the weld zone without attaching the heavy clamp type which may dislocate my assemblies.

It has a Dinse connector so that I can easily use on other machines or swap for a traditional clamp,ground.

IMG_2517.jpg

#4,475  
IMG_2611.jpg

250 pounds

Not as heavy as I would have guessed. Getting older and weaker ....

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,477  
Nice paint, subtle but serious look to that and IMO the modular 2" receiver options/accessories/system are to die for if nothing else about it. But ain't that just like Terry? :giggle: 5/5

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,478  
I'm always so impressed with your finished products.... truly inspiring... If I were younger (& wiser) I would have loved to apprenticed under you.... (heck just watch you.. to learn)

In the realm of welding... I consider myself a "grinder"... not a welder / fabricator. My welds hold but are not pretty (ie. "grinder").

Awesome Table

#4,479  
A few pics showing ease of setups on the welding fixture table.

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

#4,480  
Mock up of a stand for my belt grinder

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg