Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #291  
I dropped the mileage of an F150, which normally got around 16 mpg, down to 10 simply by oversleeping then trying to make up the time by sticking my foot in the carb for 110 miles.
I wouldn't exactly include your foot as a road condition - maybe a bump in the road if it got in the way.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #292  
people want bigger vehicles yes but over the years the safety regulations have becoming more strict and added safety features like airbags, rumple zones make vehicle bigger like the Ford rangers as a example it as becoming way bigger it was before ... but as for blind spot and stuff I don't know if its relevant with all the technology blind spot censor and 360 camera, I think the real hazard is people just don't know how to drive anymore, on my truck I don't have any sensors or camera and I can tell up to a inch where my bumpers are. But I agree in the city a big truck is no easy task to drive it around and especially parking in these half ass parking spots.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #293  
I bought a new ranger because it fits me, my needs and my garage. I think I'd be hard pressed to fit a full size pickup in garage and be able to move around it.
I always thought the ranger was a decent sized truck, until a Chevy 2500 parked next to me.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #294  
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #295  
I bought a new ranger because it fits me, my needs and my garage. I think I'd be hard pressed to fit a full size pickup in garage and be able to move around it.
I always thought the ranger was a decent sized truck, until a Chevy 2500 parked next to me.
I can fit a crew cab F-250 short box in my garage, but just barely. there is about 30 inches between the front bumper and the back wall, so it doesn't go in there. If I need it out of the weather I park it in the barn.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #297  
I can fit a crew cab F-250 short box in my garage, but just barely. there is about 30 inches between the front bumper and the back wall, so it doesn't go in there. If I need it out of the weather I park it in the barn.
wonder when builders will start building attached garages large enough to fit usable trucks? My Yukon XL fits but the crew cab Chevy 2500 8’ bed will not.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #298  
wonder when builders will start building attached garages large enough to fit usable trucks? My Yukon XL fits but the crew cab Chevy 2500 8’ bed will not.
I got very lucky. My house has a 30’ deep attached garage and 8’x16’ doors. Even my Ram 5500 crew cab fits.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #300  
I got very lucky. My house has a 30’ deep attached garage and 8’x16’ doors. Even my Ram 5500 crew cab fits.

I built mine 30 ft deep, has 2 8’x9’ doors. Truck sits outside, used to put it in the barn, but it’s too full now also.