Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #311  
Been done many a time, makes for one heck of a good trailer toter. More frame and brakes then a pickup has,
a gearbox thats quite usable and decent economy all things considered.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #312  
Not all big rigs need a bed on the back, but it's pro'ly a good idea to use one's fuel points. Long drive from here nearly to the straits, but some will travel to Onaway to see 'em in action.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #313  
Surprised that kind of activity doesnt get heavily protested by clean-air environmentalists!
That carbon footprint could power a lot of hybrids. ;)

Last edited:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #314  
Black smoke = unburned diesel fuel. What a waste. Glad I wasn't there watching, especially on the right side and inhaling all that soot...

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #315  
I enjoy almost all motorsports including truck drag racing, with tractor and truck pulling being my favorites.
Used to really enjoy NASCAR and still enjoy short track dirt racing.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #316  
We adults collectively have to decide the balance of how much the things we might enjoy are worth, compared to the world we want to leave for our kids and grandkids. There are so many things I'd like to affect to be better for them, and cannot. But, I can control how efficiently I burn fuel, and how badly I need to burn it. So I choose small, and small engined vehicles for getting around, and ride my bicycle as much as I can. I choose to no longer watch entertainment which apparently pollutes our planet. it's what I can do for them, for whatever positive effect it may have!

Whether by human effect, or natural evolutionary climate change, the world is getting warmer, that I understand first hand, for certain. As it continues, people are suffering more and more in many ways we did not imagine as recently as 50 years ago. I choose to be more a very small part of a partial small solution, than continue to be a very small part of the problem.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #317  
Same event but with loaded super B-trains. Some of these guys are really rolling coal. It's enough to make the rednecks with the earlier Dodge and Ram Cummins engines jealous. Interestingly, these are mostly, if not all, working trucks that are on the road during the typical week hauling freight.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #318  
No, it really cant. I want to come home and park in a reasonably warm, weathertight garage. I like to come home from plowing snow and bring the truck inside, snowplow and all.
How do you protect it when the truck is elsewhere? Everyone knows that space is like a vacuum... it always fills up! :D

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #319  
How do you protect it when the truck is elsewhere? Everyone knows that space is like a vacuum... it always fills up! :D
You mean like how do I keep others from parking in my garage space?
Intimidation…..

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #320  
I enjoy almost all motorsports including truck drag racing, with tractor and truck pulling being my favorites.
Used to really enjoy NASCAR and still enjoy short track dirt racing.
I do to but when you look at all the pollution, kind of puts a damper on the fun.