Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #341  
Solar, wind, hydro electric, and nuclear, if needed please....
And exactly how much solar, wind, hydro electric and nuclear is currently on line in the USA? Maybe 5-10%?
How many trillions would need to be spent to achieve the emissions reduction needed to power all the EV charger stations and come out “carbon neutral”?

How much pollution is created producing hundreds of hectares of solar panels and 100’s of thousands of windmills and dams for water turbines?

You see? It’s not as pollution-free as you think

Last edited:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #342  
And exactly how much solar, wind, hydro electric and nuclear is currently on line in the USA?
How many trillions would need to be spent to active the emissions reduction needed to power all the EV charger stations and come out “carbon neutral”?

How much pollution is created producing hundreds of hectares of solar panels and 100’s of thousands of windmills and dams for water turbines?

You see? It’s not as pollution-free as you think
I AGREE ENTIRELY. I hunt regularaly. We just lost a tract of over 1300 ACRES all to a solar farm. Now someone tell me how in any way, shape, or form that this is Good for the environment.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #343  
Again, your missing the point. Sure taller vehicles are more difficult to see, but we have better safety measures for getting across the street. New vehicles now will stop when there is a pedestrian. Again though, the vehicle isn't killing the person. The operator is. As i said earlier, tiny or huge car is irrelavent, operator skill and awareness of surroundings is critical.
You and I agree that taller vehicles are more difficult to see from. It's been debunked that drunk and distracted pedestrians are the cause of more pedestrian deaths from vehicle collisions. And, we can look at historic numbers of car/pedestrian collisions. Driver inattentiveness has been around forever. Taller vehicles with blunt noses are the only thing that's changed in recent years.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #344  
The point is taller vehicles with blunt front ends not only block the driver's view of pedestrians, they inflict more blunt force trauma on human bodies. That's the entire point.
Its another trade off where humans living in our society get the freedom to drive what they chose offset by the chance that any of us have a slightly increased chance of being run over by a large truck that is owned perhaps without need for a large truck.

Freedom is not free.

If you want to live your life wrapped in bubble wrap, find a place that supports that lifestyle

Last edited:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #345  
You and I agree that taller vehicles are more difficult to see from. It's been debunked that drunk and distracted pedestrians are the cause of more pedestrian deaths from vehicle collisions. And, we can look at historic numbers of car/pedestrian collisions. Driver inattentiveness has been around forever. Taller vehicles with blunt noses are the only thing that's changed in recent years.
I agree with your first part. You lost me later. People being on their phones constanly is a huge issue, so we can't say that this has been debunked when well its just not true

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #346  
Yeah...LOL. they say green energy is reliable. Take a look at what happened in texas and tell me what would happen if this happens to manufacturing plants. Oh No, the wind stopped blowing! Oh no, the sun isn't shining. You do know how many acres solar farms take up right? So much land has to be cleared, and this destroys habitats for animals and it increases carbon emmisions. Wind farms-Take up a lot of land and kill birds, same point with the solar
What happened in Texas was their failure to winterize and their failure to be part of a multi-state grid.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #347  
I agree with your first part. You lost me later. People being on their phones constanly is a huge issue, so we can't say that this has been debunked when well its just not true
When I was a kid it was fairly common for cars to hit people as the drivers were messing with their cigarettes. Looking down. Dropping a butt in their lap. Reaching for the lighter.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #348  
What happened in Texas was their failure to winterize and their failure to be part of a multi-state grid.
So do we base our existence on a 1 time in 100 years event, or the typical low-to-high scale of probability?

I can show you a couple of events that happened in my hometown that were a 1 in a 100-500 year event. Yet nothing will be changed to prevent it. The owners or operators seem to think the capital investment to prevent a 1 in 100-500 year event does not meet their payoff analysis.
Im not taking a side, just asking.
In my opinion, if everything had to be built to avoid ANY and EVERY situation, little to nothing would get built.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #349  
When I was a kid it was fairly common for cars to hit people as the drivers were messing with their cigarettes. Looking down. Dropping a butt in their lap. Reaching for the lighter.
Definitely replaced by texting and phone usage.
Id rather cut down on that to save lives than force people to drive tin can cars with mattresses for a front bumper.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #350  
Yes, the RV industry is booming right now. It's always been a good indicator of the state of the economy. That would indicate the economy isn't all that bad right now.
Inflation at a 40 year high?
Job creation sucking wind?
Only thing saving our butts right now is low interest rates.

I bet the RV industry is booming is because of Covid. People can RV safely in the Covid pandemic.
Its safer than airplane, hotel, airport masking-type vacations.