Billionaire Space Shots

/ Billionaire Space Shots #91  
Yeah those 63 mile high Ferris Wheels are scary. :LOL:

photo-1563373847-a30d776a433b
WHEEEEEEE!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

/ Billionaire Space Shots #92  
Oh I didn't hear that and didn't know the capsule had boosters. Thought the dust was caused by direct contact with the ground. o_O
They showed some of the landing technology on a show the other day. Three parachutes (it could land on just 1). The retro-rockets underneath to make an air cushion under it right at touchdown. And the seats are all on dampers/suspension as well. And there's crush material underneath the capsule to take even more of the shock off landing.

Last edited:
   / Billionaire Space Shots #93  
TV showed they were going 16mph when they hit the ground - but the talking heads said the boosters were supposed to slow them from 16mph to 8mph at landing.

MoKelly
The parachutes slow them to 16. The rockets slow them to 3. There is also crush material underneath to absorb even more impact.

/ Billionaire Space Shots #95  
Thanks. I guess the TV numbers couldn’t keep up.

MoKelly
No, I was watching it, too. They just braked to a halt in real time and the little numbers said ZERO pretty quick.

My kid asked if I'd do it. I said if it was free, heck yes. If I had to pay? That's a no. :)

/ Billionaire Space Shots #96  
No, I was watching it, too. They just braked to a halt in real time and the little numbers said ZERO pretty quick.

My kid asked if I'd do it. I said if it was free, heck yes. If I had to pay? That's a no. :)

“Anything that is free is abused”.

A saying an old boss like to refer.

MoKelly

/ Billionaire Space Shots #99  
Oh I didn't hear that and didn't know the capsule had boosters. Thought the dust was caused by direct contact with the ground. o_O
If you pause the tube right before it hits the ground you can see the sand flying before the capsule hits the ground. It was showing the capsule's decent speed was 16mph with the parachutes, that would have been a terrible jolt on the capsule with no boosters or crumple zones.