Billionaire Space Shots

/ Billionaire Space Shots #41  
Haven't any of you guys just built something because you wanted to try? Just to see if it could be done? Or if you could do it even though somebody else already did?

Wheres the fun in sitting around wondering if you could do something VS trying it yourself?

/ Billionaire Space Shots #43  
Wheres the fun in sitting around wondering if you could do something VS trying it yourself?
^^^^ is why I'm looking forward to eventually retiring (& hopefully "early") just to have more time to tinker and try making the things I want to make.

sometimes it's just fun to tinker ... and it tends to amazes me how amazed some people become when they see even the simplest of creations they'd never thought about or imagined doing themselves.

Even something as mundane as a simple/rudimentary custom-designed/made shelf .... o_O

/ Billionaire Space Shots #45  
Almost like they're just like so many "ordinary" (non-billionaires) people

I am exactly like Bezos and Gates and Buffet —- only difference is in the zeros!

What’s the difference between 500,000 and 50,000,000,000?

Only 5 little ole zeros.

MoKelly

/ Billionaire Space Shots
Im not seeing semiconductor on NASA's official list. I do see CT scan machine and a few others we could argue have a reasonable impact on society. Many others are on par with what we have developed outside the space program. Im not that impressed.

Don't get me wrong I love space exploration, and honestly the best way is to let the private sector billionaires waste their money on it. However I do still feel bouncing off of the atmosphere is not really worth 17 billion. One could argue pursuing the technology to go to Mars could be better spent pursuing the technology to modernize our power grid and reduce reliance on fossil fuels (really come up with a cost effective, efficient, sustainable method of power production and storage for the next 1000 years).

I guess us peons will sit back and see how it all works out! Still exciting to watch.
generally speaking, people are excited about going to space, not so much fixing the grid.

funny, i worked in both industries, Westinghouse and Hughes Aircraft

/ Billionaire Space Shots #48  
It used to be yachts now it's space ships.

/ Billionaire Space Shots #49  
I wonder how much these trips cost ME & YOU through tax breaks and wright-offs.

/ Billionaire Space Shots #50  
I wonder how much these trips cost ME & YOU through tax breaks and wright-offs.
Costing 'me and you,' because they're spending money 'me and you' can't take from them. Gotcha. :rolleyes: