Bird Pic

/ Bird Pic #1  

Garrabo

Banned
Tractor
3120,X-575,BX1830,BX22
Not sure what this one is but I have gained a fondness for snapping bird pics.

Attachments

• 896701-IMG_0111.JPG
    896701-IMG_0111.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 231
   / Bird Pic
Not sure what this one is but I have gained a fondness for snapping bird pics.

/ Bird Pic #3  
That would be a male house finch. There are purple finches, which look very similar. The male purple finch has more of a rosy color like the house finch but it's rosy color is almost the whole body where as the house finch tends to keep the color to its head and chest, not it's wings etc. Both have a patch of color on the top (base) of the tail area.

Blake
WA

/ Bird Pic #4  
That would be a male house finch. There are purple finches, which look very similar. The male purple finch has more of a rosy color like the house finch but it's rosy color is almost the whole body where as the house finch tends to keep the color to its head and chest, not it's wings etc. Both have a patch of color on the top (base) of the tail area.

Blake
WA

/ Bird Pic
appreciate that, Now I can give him a name in my album

/ Bird Pic
appreciate that, Now I can give him a name in my album

/ Bird Pic #7  
Got this guy at my sisters the other week. Even with my tripod, there is a bit of camera shake. I need to try the mirror lock-up feature /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 903742-IMG_4680 copy.jpg
    903742-IMG_4680 copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 112
   / Bird Pic #8  
Got this guy at my sisters the other week. Even with my tripod, there is a bit of camera shake. I need to try the mirror lock-up feature /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif