Oil & Fuel Black smoke and engine not shutting down

/ Black smoke and engine not shutting down #1  

cpara

Tractor
Kioti CK 35
I had an issue with starting my Kioti CK35 in the winter and could not get to work on it then, traced the problem to the Stop solenoid, solid was good and finally found the fault was a corroded positive wire going to the relay. I did initially think the problem was a fuel issue so took out the injector pump, and everything looked good. Now the engine fires up and runs, the throttle works Ok but black smoke and the key will not shut off the engine. The solenoid is working fine, retracting and extending. So any pointers on where to look next would be greatly appreciated, I know my way around a Gas engine pretty well, but this is my first diesel!

/ Black smoke and engine not shutting down #2  
Have you checked the oil level? Make sure that it’s not high!! In case of diesel fuel in oil. How did you shut it down after it started?

/ Black smoke and engine not shutting down
Thanks, yes I checked the oil level, and all is good. The first time I shut it down I turned off the fuel supply. I then took out the injector pump again to see if I had missed something when I reinstalled it but seemed OK, reinstalled it and started it up, still black smoke, this time I shut it down by cutting off the air supply to the intake. I still keep going back to the injector pump as that is the only thing I had taken out, and research tells me black smoke is either too much fuel or starving of air, the air filter is not on at the moment so I can't be that! I got to work today but will look at it again tomorrow, planning on taking off the oil filler cover to see if I can see what is happening to the rack when running. Thanks for your input.