Bleeding fuel lines on Kubota L2500 DT

/ Bleeding fuel lines on Kubota L2500 DT #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Changed the fuel filter the other day, cracked the bleeder valve on top of the fuel filter until no more bubbles, then opened the valve on the pump for 30 seconds like the directions said but couldn't get it started. The valve on the fuel pump has a rubber hose coming off of it so I took that off and opened the valve. Should have been solid fuel but I got some air first, then some spurting, then solid fuel. Put the hose back on and she fired right up. Obviously that valve is supposed to allow the fuel pressure to force out any air in the lines but it must have a clog in it further up the line that wasn't allowing the air to escape. The hose kind of disappears into the engine so I can't tell where it terminates. I was thinking of trying to blow it out with the compressor but depending on where it dumps, I don't want to blow the clog in to the engine. It's not a big deal to just pull the hose off and I only have to do it when changing the filter but I'd like to clear it if I can. Anyone know where then end of that hose terminates?

/ Bleeding fuel lines on Kubota L2500 DT #2  
Had the same problem. When I removed second bleeder valve for inspection air came out, replace it and it started right up. The small hose you refer to goes to the fuel tank.