Oil & Fuel Bleeding Fuel system TN75D

/ Bleeding Fuel system TN75D #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Ok, so I'm lazy. Ran my TN75D out of fuel and it won't restart. Really don't want to find manual and it's hard too get at most things in fuel system. Where should I bleed system? Thanks

/ Bleeding Fuel system TN75D #2  
Fill the tank as full as possible. Bleed the filter head. Use the hand primer to fill the injection pump. Turn the key 'On' and pump some more until the diaphragm in the primer pump doesn't return quickly. Attempt to start. If it doesn't, loosen a couple injector lines at the injector end (17mm). Crank with the throttle full open until fuel appears at the lines. Tighten and start. If no go, repeat. It helps a LOT to replace the fuel filter. It's easier to suck air through dry filter media than wet filter media.

/ Bleeding Fuel system TN75D
Thanks Rick. Now I've made an even bigger mess. I loosened what I thought was the bleed plug on top of the filter, which was a 10 mm hex head plug with a with a screwdriver slot on the top of it. Bubbles came out of it until solid fuel emerged. I then attempted to tighten the plug. The plug never tightened it just turned and turned. Downward force on the plug with a screwdriver did not help. As of now, I've been unable to get the plug out either to see what's going on the threads. I'll continue working, but any further suggestions would be appreciated.

/ Bleeding Fuel system TN75D
Done finally. Removed fuel filter and pushed up on it as I turned it out. Looked a little stripped. Hoped all the stripping was on bolt not threads in filter housing. The bolt was a NH special but off to Home Depot. #2 later I had a 6mm bolt and 1/4 in metal washer with neoprene washer attached. Seemed to work ok and tightened. Yea. Found out that pumping the injector primer also fills filter? Primed, key off and on. Tried to start. No Go. Bled 2 injectors. 17 mm Crows foot socket and 18" extension made that relatively painfree. Without those tool very hard with turbo and other stuff in way. Tried to start again. Battery kaput. Charged battery.Varoom... Running good now.

Thanks again Andy