Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #1  

Wesdor

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3720
I had read some good things about the no-spill diesel containers. Did a search and found the maker Blitz. Purchased a 5 gallon container this past weekend and used it today.

I put the pour spout on the edge of my tank, just as they instructed and must say it impressed me. Fuel didn't spill and when it had the pressure of the weight on it, the spout opened and poured out.

Then the spout fell off the lip of the fuel tank and rather the stop pouring, the spring exploded out and came apart! I was able to keep all the parts out of the tank, but ended up with a regular pour and diesel fuel all over the tractor.

Are these containers really such a pain or did I get the one reject that made it through the factory?

Any advice or experience would be appreciated.

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #2  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifSounds about like I'd expect to happen to me. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #4  
I've been using them for about a year and a half. I have two cans and keep one full so I always have fuel on hand. One of the springs on one of the spigots malfunctioned a few months ago. It didn't bust up on me, just couldn't count on it closing when the pressure is relieved. Kind cheesed me off, but now I just swap the functioning spigot to the can I'm using. Not ideal, but it works...

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #5  
I just bought two five gallon gas containers with this spout. I can already see trouble coming with the plastic lip of my gas tanks when the outside temps are high. Unfortuneatly, this is all you can buy in PA. now. My old cans were fine, but the spouts needed to be replaced. No dice, new law says vented gas can a no-no. Checked everywhere around for some type of non-spring spout, none found. Of course, what I find greatly gratifying is that prior to new reg. I could buy a new plastic gas can for $7.99. Now they are $14.25 each on sale!!

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #6  
Grrr... I just ran into this mandatory spill-proof spout and price issue as well. Federal Regulations now restrict the sale of self-venting fuel storage containers in the following states: CA, NY, PA, ME, MD, and CT.

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #7  
Consider a tubeless tire valve stem and a 7/16 drill bit. You'll have to enlage the hole slightly, as a std stem is just a tad larger,( something like .452?) but don't overdo it as you want it tight. Clean tank well. Remove the stem core, run a string through the stem, tie a washer on the inside end, then use a coat hanger to thread the string though the spout opening into the tank and out your new hole. Pull the stem up and seat it. It should last at least a year or two.
And when the stem fails---- local price is two for $1.79.
Probably violates something; as always, use at your own risk, don't give the can to anyone else, etc,etc.
I spill less fuel this way than with the non-functional spouts----so there.

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Federal Regulations now restrict the sale of self-venting fuel storage containers in the following states: CA, NY, PA, ME, MD, and CT. )</font>

That is all that I see in MA also, but why would the Federal government specify only these few states? The original poster is from IL....

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can
My guess is that the regulations are not Federal, but are state mandated. I purchased one of the cans to see how it worked. See an update post I made on the situation.

I just liked the no-spill idea. So far Illinois has not mandated them.

/ Blitz Non-spill Fuel Can #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Grrr... I just ran into this mandatory spill-proof spout and price issue as well. Federal Regulations now restrict the sale of self-venting fuel storage containers in the following states: CA, NY, PA, ME, MD, and CT. )</font>By covering only these 6 states it appears more like a states regs.
If it was a fed reg it would cover evrery state wouldn't it?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2022 John Deere 333G Compact Track Loader (A33113)
2022 John Deere...
DEMO CAT 420 TRACTOR LOADER BACKHOE 4x4, powered by Cat diesel engine, equipped with EROPS, air, (A34907)
DEMO CAT 420...
40ft. 10 Door Shipping Container (A33249)
40ft. 10 Door...
2018 Case IH Magnum 340 MFWD Tractor (A33783)
2018 Case IH...
2004 John Deer 7300 Max-Emerge 3-Point Planter (A34573)
2004 John Deer...
ROLL OF CLEAR 1/4" TUBING, APPROX 750' (A34808)
ROLL OF CLEAR 1/4"...