Block heater 7510, extra parts?

/ Block heater 7510, extra parts? #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Got my new block heater from messicks.

What is the solid piece of round stock for? :confused: No mention in the directions...

There is a piece of 3/8 x 7/8 long round stock, polished steel in the box.

any ideas?

The block heater it's self is a pretty straight forwad install, so I can't imagine what the extra piece s for. Almost like it fell into the box at packaging time...

/ Block heater 7510, extra parts? #2  
If memory serves me right it is a piece that on some models used to plug an engine coolant line. I installed the block heater on my 7510 too and that piece was not needed. As I said. If memory serves right.

There is a thread or three here about the step-by-step installation.

Be prepared to use a big old cheater bar on that 14mm allen wrench when you remove the threaded plug from the block AFTER draining the coolant.

/ Block heater 7510, extra parts? #3  
I just went out to the shop and found the box and instructions for the block heater that I installed on my B7800. The part number of my heater is 7000073274 and the extra part that you are asking about is not used on your tractor per the instructions assuming you are using the same heater. Hope this helps.

/ Block heater 7510, extra parts?
Thanks , There was no doubt in my mind that part wasn't used, but couldn't imagine what it was for, but a plug sounds right.

4 foot cheater bar, breaker bar and 17 mm allen socket ready!

I'll let you know...

/ Block heater 7510, extra parts? #5  
Good luck Firefighter.

I guess I better clarify that it may not be a 14mm but a 17mm wrench. I'm forgetful.

/ Block heater 7510, extra parts?
After reading other posts on removing the block plug I was nervous, but being almost 50 degrees today, I tackled the block heater.

15 minutes and done. The block plug was easily removed with a 17 mm allen 1/2" drive breaker bar. Not sure why others had some much problems. Older machines?

Anyhow, now have to wait for the cold weather again to test it out.