Blowing 15 Amp Fuse BX2200

/ Blowing 15 Amp Fuse BX2200 #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
New problem need your help before I call the dealer.

BX has 220 hours. The 15 amp fuse, position 2 on the fuse block under the steering wheel. The fuse for accessories, including the hour meter, fuel gauge and head lights has blown twice. Any idea what it can be, and suggestions on how to figure where the problem is? Tractr runs fine except for the accessories not working. Tractor has NOT been in the rain and I have not washed it recently

Thanks for your help.

/ Blowing 15 Amp Fuse BX2200 #2  
I'd run the wiring down and look for chafing, etc. Must be something like that if it's not wet....

/ Blowing 15 Amp Fuse BX2200 #3  
Like Danny said sounds like you have a short someplace. Look for something obvious like a cut wire or somewhere that the wires can get crossed up and short out.

Even if you need to take it to the dealer at least you can help speed the process up by looking for obvious defects

/ Blowing 15 Amp Fuse BX2200 #4  
If it blows twice and the time spacing between the times it blows is a while, I wouldn't worry about it. Could be weak fuses. I have purchased fuses that don't hold up well and when I get another pack, this batch is better quality. If the fuse blows as soon as you put it in, then I say start looking for a short. Check your connections for any form of corrosion. Check bulbs also, particularly the tail lamps. If there is corrosion on the bulb, this can cause high amperage draw and blow the fuse. Also check to make sure that the replacement fuse is the correct amperage.

/ Blowing 15 Amp Fuse BX2200 #5  
You might want to check out your switches on the dash as well. I wasn't blowing any fuses but my flashers were working all screwy. I took apart my hazard flasher switch and found that it was corroded inside and very wet as well. Those switches pop out of the dash easily and can be taken apart easily. Just watch for small parts. I cleaned mine up with some contact cleaner and fine sand paper and a little scraping with a screwdriver.