Bobcat 753 Pedals Stuck

/ Bobcat 753 Pedals Stuck #1  

123maxbars

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
A short history, My 753 had a previous owner and has around 2k hours on the machine. I only use it a few hours a week to move logs to my sawmill. Three weeks ago my foot pedals stopped working and appeared to be stuck. A few minutes later my drive belt sheared. After replacing my drive belt the pedals worked again. Today after using it for about 15 minutes I powered it off for lunch. When I went back it started right up but once again the pedals are stuck. Would that have anything to do with the drive belt? Or do I have a solenoid issue?

/ Bobcat 753 Pedals Stuck #2  
Bobcat uses a pedal locking system integrated into the seat bar to lock pedals in neutral (center) position when seat bar is raised to help prevent loader movement if pedal is stepped while exiting or entering the machine. Not sure what series you have so will try to explain both designs new and old. The F series and older have the seat bar mounted hinge pivot at the front posts of the ROPS. On this style there is a mechanical linkage at the front inside frame for each pedal with an nylon block mounted to the top of that linkage so when seat bar is lower a flat spot on the seat bar pushes down on that block which moves the linkage down and unlocks the pedal(s). This block is a wear item and needs to be replaced when worn down too much. Note: if the seat bar pivots are worn the bar could move up rather than apply enough pressure to disengage the locks. There is also and electric position sensor switch on the seat bar that reads when bar is down that allows hydraulic flow solenoids to open and fluid flow to the cylinders.

On G series and newer the seat bar is mounted to the rear wall of the ROPS. This style uses the electric position switch to determine if seat bar is up or down. At the linkage end of the loader control valve spools there is a solenoid for each spool. When seat bar is up no voltage goes to solenoid so the solenoid stem uses spring tension to push a lock into a groove machined into the valve spool. When seat bar is down and key ON the solenoid receives 12v and pulls up on stem to unlock the pedal. Watch the seat bar indicator light if it is on when working properly then look at it when pedals lock up. If light changes then problem is in bar sensor or the seat bar movement. Note: I have encountered a few intermittent problems of this nature and found the seat bar was coming down too far and shutting off the sensor (controller thinks bar is raised), there are stop bolts for the bar too rest on in lowered position and these blots have a rubber over the head of the bolt if cup falls off or gets worn through it will cause this. If seat bar indicator light show it is working correctly then either solenoids are not getting voltage or have lost ground connection.