bobcat auger

/ bobcat auger #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
anyone have any idea what it takes (hydrolic GPM) to run one of these?

local craigslist add for one but doesnt list any model numbers.

Its my understanding that most bobcats have much greater GPM pumps than most CUT's.

its 5 pto hp per GPM?

/ bobcat auger #2  
schmism said:
anyone have any idea what it takes (hydrolic GPM) to run one of these?

local craigslist add for one but doesnt list any model numbers.

Its my understanding that most bobcats have much greater GPM pumps than most CUT's.

its 5 pto hp per GPM?

Most SkidSteer equipment comes in high and low flow models. Your tractor is not adequate even for the low flow models. I've looked into it and my TN at 16.9 gpm is at the low end for low flow equipment.

Andy

/ bobcat auger #3  
I have a 8 gpm bobcat 553 that I have used my auger on, (model 15 bobcat) and it turns a little slow, but I still think its better then a 3 pt hitch one.
13 to 18 gpm is about the norm for a mid sized non high flow skidsteer.
Ken

/ bobcat auger #4  
Here is a low flow one for you tractor boys. Would be good for bits up to 18" or so in tough soils.
Belltec Hydraulic Planetary Auger Drive — 6-15 GPM, Model# NC150 | Auger Powerheads, Bits + Extensions | Northern Tool + Equipment

Can't say I have used it, just looks ok by the specs.

6 to 15 gpm, 1400 ft lbs at 3000 psi, so 924 ft lbs at 2000 psi if you tractor is a lower pressure model.

I would say if you have 11 gpm and 2000 psi or more, you would be happy with the skidsteer ones. You might want to ask the manufacturer what rpm it would turn at with your hyd flow. And you would definitely want to compare the relief pressure of you tractor to what pressures the auger is rated for, as that is what determine the ultimate torque of the auger.
Ken

/ bobcat auger #5  
I have used a Bobcat model 15 on my prior kubota 3710 and current JD 3720. Both put out 7-8 gpm. The psi on the JD hydraulics was turned up to 2800 from the initial reading of 2400 psi. The flow rate is marginal in the CUTs but will do ok with 9" auger. Just takes a little time. The JD does better than the kubota. Wet soil or too much down pressure will stop the 9" auger. My skid steer does much better with 20 gpm and 3300 psi and has no issues with the 9" or 12" augers. I have 24" and 36" augers and the CUT will do poorly. The skid steer can have troubles with both and especially the 36". The bigger bits, IMHO, also spin too fast with the model 15 and higher flow rates. The model 15 is suppose to have 1300 ft-lb of torque at 2000 psi "calculated, theoretical at 100% efficiency", which is impossible and I don't know why they don't do a direct measurement. I will probably get a model 30 this summer to turn the bigger bits with nearly twice the torque.

/ bobcat auger #7  
I use a hydro auger on my tc 40 it's a Landpride hd25 and it operates on 5 to 12 gpm.I have been using it for footings and it has done everything I asked of it.The beauty of it is,in my opinion is the bypass factor.In all the holes i've augered I still havent broken a single shear bolt.
It also rips through clay at quite a clip with the down pressure.All in all for my uses I wouldnt do it any other way.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r287/257nh/tc40picsadj.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r287/257nh/tc40pics020.jpg

/ bobcat auger #8  
I sell auger drives for a living. I will tell you that 60 rpms is kind of what you would like to achieve. If you have very good digging conditions many companies make Model 10 Auger drives. I reccomend a Model 15 size if you are turning larger diameter augers the trick is to let the auger do the work and use industrial bits instead of cheap ag bits. www.premierauger.com has the best quality augers with great warranties. They will also offset the mount so you can see the auger bit which is most important.

/ bobcat auger #10  
257NH said:
In all the holes i've augered I still havent broken a single shear bolt.
QUOTE]
I don't have any shear bolts with the Bobcat auger. The hydraulics are the protection. Does the LP have a shear bolt?