Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #1  

ShoxEg

Tractor
2020 BobCat CT1025
Hey Everyone

I am new to tractors and in general have been enjoying my CT1025...

But I see to be having some weird issues with it, since initial ownership, 1 hour on the clock when I got it, sometimes it was hard to start,

Following regular usage, couple hours of loader work, it will some times not restart when its a running temperature...

I have been trying to troubleshoot this quite a bit, I have been getting nowhere

Brough it back to the dealer at about 30 hours, I replicated the problem, they mention they look at it, a the same time I mention for them to do the full 50 hours initial service to make sure its A1

also requested that they properly run the hydraulic line to the loader, it was no in the brackets on the underside

Stayed there for over 3 weeks, pick it up, started... got a 600$ bill for the 50 hours

Anyhow they simply brush me away

winter past no issues, now started to do more loader work and its doing the same thing, not starting after continuous hours of loader work

In general the tractor works well when it works, but its a real PIA when its stop working in the middle of a project

any insights on this

Dealer is truly no help, there very busy with the big machines...

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #2  
Wild guess, could it be vapor lock in the fuel system? Try opening the cap to the diesel tank next time it happens and see if you hear a sucking sound. Might be worth checking the fuel level in the diesel filter and see if there is any air in it (hopefully its see through).

Good luck.

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues
no vapor lock, fuel filter full

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #4  
Have you looked at all the safety features? When it doesn’t start, does it crank or is there nothing?

Does the engine stop in the middle of working or will it not restart after you turn it off for a break?

MoKelly

Seems that my fuel shut off solenoid might be bad,

I took it off and it started right away

played with it a little bit and seems to be working at the moment,

I will have to monitor

been having this issue since new

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #6  
Seems that my fuel shut off solenoid might be bad,

I took it off and it started right away

played with it a little bit and seems to be working at the moment,

I will have to monitor

been having this issue since new

Interesting. Now I guess you need to find out if the solenoid itself is defective or if some other issue caused the solenoid to do it’s job and shutoff the fuel supply.

Good luck. Good job so far in getting to the bottom of the issue.

MoKelly

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #7  
I have the same issue and more with my 1025. Dealer said something about removing some shims from the engine that were installed at the factory. Used it for an hour yesterday and both hydrostatics went out and tractor won’t restart. Less than 40 hours.

General update,

tractor been back and forth to the dealer twice

Dealer re shim the fuel injector pump, tractor is running much smoother... according to them is was off from the factory, definitely feels like a new machine... use it for two days, back to issue one, would not start anymore... I took off the replacement fuel stop solenoid that was supposedly change, can't confirm not sticker on this one... it started right up quarter turn.

Following this, I had the fuels stop solenoid off and turn the key,,, the solenoid clicks but the pin does not pull in, if I push the pin it stays in.... even funnier, its getting proper reading since the magnet is on

my temporally fix while waiting for a solenoid again is this

- activate glow plugs a couple of time
- Removed fuel stop solenoid
- Put key to on
- push pin in
- re install the solenoid
- turn key to turn over motor
- Enjoy rough start
- use tractor

While I use tractor I must never shut off the tractor or I have to restart my procedure

In other words, I leave it idling all the time, and must not activate one of the safeties.

hoping the 3 solenoid will actually work more then two days

I wonder if its twin brother Kioti has the same issues

Attachments

• 64002007094__0F1CCCA5-9601-460A-956C-525DF1219FAA.JPG
    64002007094__0F1CCCA5-9601-460A-956C-525DF1219FAA.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 272
   / Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #9  
I used electrical circuit cleaner on each the four solenoids and wiring harnesses. Seems to be working well.

/ Bobcat CT1025 - Starting issues #10  
New to the foum here, but I've been having almost the same issues as ShoxEg. As a matter of fact, I could have written his post! My tractor has currently been at the dealership almost 3 months. Anyone have a resolution?