Bobcat CT2025

/ Bobcat CT2025 #1  

chesterspot

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025
Howdy All,

I've been a long time lurker here, especially recently. We purchased 12 acres last Dec. and it was time to buy a tractor. I looked all over at used tractors in various states of repair and neglect. I finally came to the conclusion that I'm going to keep a tractor for a long time and I should just buy new and buy the size I wanted. Having used my friends John Deere 1025R I wanted the next size up. Mainly because the 1025 just doesn't look like a tractor, the tires are just too small! In looking I had received various quotes from all the manufacturers but this month Bobcat was running a cash rebate offer that essentially gave the loader to me for ~$500. At that price they were a few thousand below the Mahindra 1626 so I pulled the trigger on Tuesday.

So far so good but I've only put an hour on the tractor. Ill update this thread occasionally with my thoughts. If you have any questions let me know!

/ Bobcat CT2025 #2  
Nice. It’s amazing how handy a tractor can be especially with a front loader. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Also if you did not get a set of forks with it they can be very handy for moving material.

/ Bobcat CT2025
Nice. It’s amazing how handy a tractor can be especially with a front loader. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Also if you did not get a set of forks with it they can be very handy for moving material.

Yes I debated a used tractor without a loader but knew that I'd wish I would have just spent the money on a loader in the end. I purchased an auger (we're going to build fencing!), rake, angle blade, and a set of forks with the tractor. (pics to come after 4 posts!)

/ Bobcat CT2025 #4  
Any pics to share? I致e been interested in this model as well...

/ Bobcat CT2025
Check the next post! This will be my 4th and then I can add pictures!

--Edit: Or not. I don't understand these antiquated forums with limits like this.

/ Bobcat CT2025
I still cannot post pictures here on the forum so here are links to some of the tractor
Tractor on Trailer
Tractor with Aerator

So far I'm at 36hours on the tractor and have no regrets. The ergonomics of the tractor are great, though I wish there was a step on the right side as I find myself getting off on the left but ineviatebly being on the right side when I want to get on. I am tall enough to step up, but a step would be nice. My friend has a JD 1025r that I've used and I have no regrets paying more for a Compact tractor with bigger tires and weight. We live above a creek and our property is hilly so the weight and traction is welcome. Ill try to take some more pictures this week or maybe post a video walkthrough, just let me know what you'd like to see.

Edit: I read a lot of complaints about the gas tank being behind the seat. I have no issues yet, nor could I see it causing any problems other than making toolbox mounting a pain! I was able to fuel it with a fuel can while the aerator and the ballast tires were on it

Issues:
  • No Toolbox - I didn't htink this was a big deal at the time, but realized that I need to figure something out soon.
  • Gear shift lever sticky/notchy - though this seems to have gotten smoother with use

Tasks Completed:
  • I've purchased a Land Pride 72" rake and 60" Angle offset blade
  • Dug a small ditch on the side of my driveway with the angle blade
  • Raked the gravel on part of the driveway with success
  • Spent about 8hrs running a 64" Land Pride (Rented) Aerator on 4-5acres of our property
  • Moved numerous items with the pallet forks. I rarely use the bucket, other than for ballast or carrying stuff and couldn't imagine buying a tractor without the ability to swap the bucket and forks quickly.
  • Purchased a cheap trailer mover on Amazon and put my 2" cargo carrier on it as a carry all.

Next Mods/Items
  • Figure out a toolbox, buy the BXpanded ROPS box holder, or put a ROPS tray on it. I'm not sure exactly what I want
  • LED Headlight bulb swap. Not that the stocks aren't bad, I just like as much light as I can get! (Ask me if I use the tractor at night...... lol.... I haven't yet... BUT I MIGHT!!)
  • 50hr Maintenance
  • Price out how much it would cost to load the rear tires, though I'm light enough now that I don't rut the fields so we'll see. It's not high on the priority list.

/ Bobcat CT2025
I should add that I purchased a set of Bobcat 42" forks and backing plate, a 3pt auger and two bits for it. I kind of regret buying the auger, as I likely could have rented it in the future and now I have to built a rack to store it as it's a pain to mount with two people. It's something we'll be glad we have when we start adding more fence.

Likely going to do something like this in my trailer shed.

auger hanger
auger stand - pallet

/ Bobcat CT2025 #8  
Bobcat Tractor.JPEG

/ Bobcat CT2025 #9  
IMG_0515.jpg