Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #1  

Jac65

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
Hi Everyone,

I've got a a CT230 with a loader that uses the skid steer quick attach and one of the pins is frozen and will not release. I've tried a pipe on the handle, angling the bucket to relieve pressure. if anyone who has fixed this problem has any advice on how to do this without wasting more time on things that don't work, i'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #2  
I believe it mainly depends on why the pin is stuck. If it is due to rust then I would try the usual procedures of soaking with penetrating oil and leaving it overnight. Try some heat from a torch to the outside collar. And then using the pipe on the handle technique again while hitting the collar with a hammer. Just not too hard so as not to damage the collar.

You could also try removing the handle and spring assembly and rig something to apply more pulling force to the end of the pin. I'll let you figure out how best to accomplish that one.

If the pin is bent, damaged or too badly rusted then you might have to drill it out. Not ideal, however may not be another way..??

Hopefully others will chime in here with better alternatives!!

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #3  
I understand that the pin is not releasing as you try to raise the latch lever.
Do you know why it is not releasing?
Is it jammed? Is it rusted in place? Have you bent the pin? Does the latching handle move?
The more information you can provide the better responses we as members can provide.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #4  
Go use the bucket pretty hard and see if that jars things loose. I would check between the bucket and the plate for alignment issue or debris jammed in.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #5  
My SSQA will get very tight much of the time, when I'm going to swap things around I'll try and lift the handle,
it it doesn't pull out I'll leave the handle in the unlatched position and raise the loader up to where I can see the bottom of the pins,
then I'll pick up my hammer and give the bottom of the pins a good solid rap till they move a bit then lower it back down and unlatch the rest of the way.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA
Thanks for the advice,
To provide more info, the handle does lift but the pin doesnt move in the sleeve. I believe that it more likely rusted or jammed than bent, loader doesn't get used very hard. I'm going to check to make sure there is nothing jamming the bucket against the pin then give the penetrating oil and hammer a shot. See if I can get it to move at all.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #7  
Squirt the penetrating oil, let sit over night if needed, give the pin a wack from below with a 3-4lb hammer.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #8  
Something like this will nearly never benefit from spraying it with oil and letting it sit.

You may need to dump the bucket and bang the pin with a hammer, air hammer or bigger hammer. If all that dosnt work time to heat it.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA
So I ended up heating it with a torch and using a 5lb speed wrench on it. Got it to move a bit then set it down and used a pipe on the lever to get it the rest of the way out. Cleaned and greased it and it still works a little tighter than the other side, but it works now. Thanks everyone for your input.

/ Bobcat CT230 Stuck SSQA #10  
This only happens to me when the SSQA bucket is not attached to the SSQA FEL.

1) Take a nylon mallet and give the truncated lower end of the pin a whack or two.

2) The lever and pin join at a pin pivot. Take a nylon mallet and give the pivot pin a gentle whack while maintaining some pressure on the lever. Alignment can get a little caterwhumpus at the joint, where the lever force applied changes direction.

This solves the occasional problem for me.

3) The attachment pins run in a tube with zerks. Keep the pins well greased. Grease works out with every manipulation of the two attachment levers.

So I ended up heating it with a torch and using a 5lb speed wrench on it. Got it to move a bit then set it down and used a pipe on the lever to get it the rest of the way out.

No, no !

Last edited: