Bobcat finish mower gearbox help

/ Bobcat finish mower gearbox help #1  

slckeys

Gold Member
Tractor
ck4010sehc
I bought a used bobcat 84 inch rear finish mower this year. I think they were a rebranded rhino? Made in 2011 according to the bobcat dealer.

When I got it, the output shaft was leaking, so I replaced the seal since it was cheap and simple. Mowed with it and no leaks. Fantastic I thought.

Let it sit for almost 2 weeks now, and suddenly started leaking again, but not nearly like it was.

So my question is and thoughts are... Maybe it's the shaft is worn down, and at that rate, I'll just get another gearbox. Is my thinking in the right direction?

Because of the design of the base, it looks like a 40hp gearbox. It's a 6 spline at the PTO end, and a round end with a key and threaded end on the output. And everything I'm reading says the 40hp is for 4, 5, and 6 foot mowers. And mine is 7 foot. I'm hoping someone here can help and just confirm my thoughts before I drop money on a new gearbox and I turn out to be wrong.

Attached are pictures to hopefully help clear up anything I might have caused confusion in... Anything else or other pictures that might be help, and I'll get them. Thanks for the thoughts and help everyone... 20200607_184220.jpeg20200402_141359.jpeg20200402_123639.jpeg

/ Bobcat finish mower gearbox help #2  
Maybe play in the bearings is making the seal leak I would just use John Deere corn head grease in place of gear oil........:2cents:

/ Bobcat finish mower gearbox help
Good to know. Everything seemed tight when I had it apart to fix. But maybe it was subtle enough not to notice.

If the John Deere stuff doesn't work, thoughts on a replacement gearbox? Are they all basically similar? I noticed the base seemed different on some hp ratings?