Bobcat promo over......

/ Bobcat promo over...... #11  
I have been looking at a CT440 or CT450. Posts here said the promotion may be ending early on June 14, so I called the local saleman. He was out of town. Drove 2 hours to Dealer with cash in hand and talked to a Knolegeable Bobcat Rep, but he said I really needed to speak with the salesman. Well, Friday, Bobcat changed their promo to end June 14. and Sunday pulled it altogether.
Today, Monday, they put it back to the original ending of Sept.30. I have spent 5 days worrying about this purchace and it appers it was just a sale gimmick to get sales before June 14.
If they knew it was still going to Sept 30, Why did they try to trick us?

HTML:
Being from the country, I admit I may be gulable the first time. 
But I think Bob knows where he can put his Cat now.

Thats a really sorry way to do customers in my opinion.

DG
Athens, Texas[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Bobcat played the old Shuck and Jive card. Kind'a makes you want to take a look at their little orange twin.

/ Bobcat promo over......
Absolutely, I had firmly decided on Bobcat, but b/c of this crap they pulled (i was running around yesterday trying to get my stuff together to get all papers signed today etc.. so i wouldn't lose the deal i had made, only to look at this site this morning to find out they put the promo back on) I think I may now look into Kioti....

/ Bobcat promo over...... #13  
Come on! Do you all think this was contrived to pull a move on the consumer? I don't believe it for a minute. Bobcat is too large of a company to pull a calculated stunt like this to try and move a few tractors. Now, I'll believe an individual dealer would say/do this to a customer to push a deal but not the corporate website! If a dealer said this and was firm on his knowledge this was happening then it's the dealer at blame not Bobcat. And if it was the dealer I wouldn't hesitate going to another BOBCAT dealer to seal the deal.

Doug

BTW - Kioti can't come close to the deals given by Bobcat at this time.

/ Bobcat promo over...... #14  
Come on! Do you all think this was contrived to pull a move on the consumer? I don't believe it for a minute. Bobcat is too large of a company to pull a calculated stunt like this to try and move a few tractors. Now, I'll believe an individual dealer would say/do this to a customer to push a deal but not the corporate website! If a dealer said this and was firm on his knowledge this was happening then it's the dealer at blame not Bobcat. And if it was the dealer I wouldn't hesitate going to another BOBCAT dealer to seal the deal.

Doug

BTW - Kioti can't come close to the deals given by Bobcat at this time.

Yeah, I believe Bobcat was behind it. This is what I wrote Saturday morning, after I found out Bobcat had changed their deadline. It's posted on another thread, on the Kioti (buying and pricing) forum.

Why is there such a difference in prices?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya know, the more I think about it? I wouldn't be surprised if, Come Monday, it'll be Alright. Great song, but I'm actually thinking Bobcat may be pulling the old Shuck and Jive. Could be wrong, but it's sure a possibility.

One thing's for sure; they'll have a huge day today. Grabbing a Ton and a half of market share. That said; I wouldn't be surprised if they're simply knocking the first flock of vultures off the fence. Then, once these vultures get their stomach full, and the dust settles on the Bobcat lots; Bobcat will probably put the same old numbers back up on their website. Good through September, once again, or maybe next Saturday? As they eagerly await the next flock to gather.

Regardless of the outcome, I won't be in the first flock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Punk; 06-13-2009 at 09:30 AM.

/ Bobcat promo over...... #15  
All,

Call it what you will, say what you want, but Bobcat Company ended the programs on the 14th. They started a new program. I was at the dealership today and found out that the original program had ended. They still offer the 0% for 60 or free FEL in lieu of financing, but the rebates all changed. The CT230 is the tractor that has the $3500 rebate on it now, the others all dropped to a lower amount. I got lucky as this was the tractor I have been wanting. Signed the papers today!!
I'll post picks once it's delivered. Oh yeah my very first CT!! Love TBN as it's been a huge help reading all the posts.

/ Bobcat promo over...... #16  
Tractor Virgin,
Do you mind telling us what your final price was?
I have a pending sale on a ct235 for 13,300.

/ Bobcat promo over...... #17  
I still don't believe Bobcat intentionally created a "glitch" over the weekend to scare buyers into buying NOW. Changing the program is VERY reasonable and I don't see this as a scam. The fine print always said they could change at any time. I think what happened was that Bobcat didn't anticipate the large number of buyers due to the deep discounting of tractors. Who would in this economy! It's one thing to offer a free loader plus $3500 rebate but the dealers were also discounting them deeply to move them off their lot. Once the numbers started coming in they saw very encouraging numbers from a tractors sold point of view. So, they changed the program! Why would they reduce the rebate on some and keep them the same on others? Because they still have excess inventory of the other models!! If people feel they are being scammed then it's their right to look elsewhere. I still don't see the logic of people being annoyed enough to look somewhere else. Especially going to Kioti which is the same tractor that is much more money. But hey that's the glory of living in America! I must say this is the FIRST time I jumped into something early and made out like a bandit. Can't say this about some stock investments I've made.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Bobcat promo over...... #18  
Tractor Virgin,
Do you mind telling us what your final price was?
I have a pending sale on a ct235 for 13,300.

I see you live in western, NY! Where abouts? What options were you quoted on the CT235? What dealers are the quotes from? I found that all NY dealers were much higher than neighboring states like Ohio and Penn. I'd suggest you talk to the folks at Bobcat of Erie. I purchased a CT230 with the standard option, loader, turf tires and deluxe seat for $9500. I know they aren't matching that price as others have said they have talked to them and what they're seeing are higher pricing. PM me if you want specifics of my deal and contacts at Bobcat of Erie.

Doug

/ Bobcat promo over...... #19  
WNYMUDD, CT230 with 7TL, mid pto, rear aux for $13,185 plus tax. I also called Bobcat of Erie on the price that Dfeck received. The salesmen said he was out of the tractors that he could sell at that price. They were carryover machines of some sort and only had a couple in stock. I checked 5 different dealerships and they were all in the same ballpark for price. Either way I say this was a good deal for me. Godd luck with your decision.

/ Bobcat promo over...... #20  
Not caluculated. They ended the last promo, and put up a new promo on the models that were not selling as well. Or models they needed to sell more of. They are finding out that most of these customers that are buying these are 1st time bobcat customers too.
This is an equipment dealership, their mentality is totally different than say a car dealership or kubota or kioti for that fact. A lot of these dealers deal with businesses or govt. They do not know how to handle a "joe 6-pack" off the streets. But its a good thing getting new customers is always a good thing if you ask me.
I have my ct225 ordered and getting delivered friday! $11,000 with the bobtach. Was only planning on spending around $9000 on a used something, but ended up spending a little more and got a LOT more.