Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble.

/ Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble. #1  

duckhunter27

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT 335
I got the bobcat 7ft rear blade with my new bobcat. I really like the idea that it was adjustable sideways. I was going to blade the ditches on my driveway so i was going to shift the blade all the way one way to reach farther down in ditch when i tried to move it i noticed the the rails were bent where the bolts go threw and when i loosened them i could not slide the blade also the track was full of dirt which i did remove but still couldnt move blade sideways has anyone els had this problem?

/ Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble. #2  
Whats the name of blade.

/ Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble.
It is a bobcat 7ft rear blade not sure who makes it for them. brand new came with my bobcat tractor

/ Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble. #4  
Happen to have any pics, sounds like it may not have been strong enough and bent. Just a guess with out really seeing it.

/ Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble. #5  
getImage.do

I did the same thing, except it cracked and bent the vertical support for the blade. This was on a Hawkline blade, which sounds like by your description and looks similar to the Bobcat design.

When the blade is offset there is a LOT of torque being applied, especially if the outside edge of the blade gets hung up on something immovable.

This is not a very robust design in my opinion.

The blade seems perty heavey duty and i really like the idea of the blade shifting side to side I agree you need tobe carefull what you may hit. I will try to take some pic's when i get home tonight and post them.

Hey Guys i finaily got back to my tractor and blade been very busy, any how i called dealer and talked to them they said no problem just bring blade in and they would look at it or if the have a truck in my area they would pick it up well that has been awhile ago and i didnt really want to load up blade and haul 25 miles to dealer. So yesterday i had time to take blade apart what i found was that it had been put togather wrong. Where the 2 bolts go threw that you loosen to slide blade back and forther the plate on the inside the rail was back wards, the nut was faceing out toward the bolt chanel , i pulled them both out and turned over now it can pull up flush and tighten blade works great now. I no i didnt do very good job explianing this but if you have a Bobcat rear blade and you are haveing trouble with it staying tight or adjusting check that the bolts and plates are in right.

/ Bobcat Rear Blade Trouble. #8  
No down time is good time. :)