Bobcat Service

/ Bobcat Service #1  

dsb5610

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4720 Cab
Been quiet on the Toolcat forum lately so I thought I would throw out some info on my soon to be first service experience.

I received a safety notice from Bobcat on the 72" mower. Was surprised it came as a registered letter. Called the dealer and gave them the serial number. They called in the info and verified the program then informed me the mower was in the range affected and would order the parts. I gave them the serial number of the Toolcat also and asked that they verify that all factory mods were performed. The dealer discovered that there is a valve mod that has not been performed and is still an active program. Bottom line, I will get the mower and Toolcat mods done at Bobcat's expense. I was surprised to learn that Bobcat reimburses the dealer for travel to do the mods at the customer's location. The dealer indicated that Bobcat reimburses them a set amount that covers a limited amouont of travel. We agreed we would talk about whether that reimbursement was enough for their travel to my property (approx 40 miles).

The dealer still has not determined what adjustments can be made to the brakes (another post). I am hoping to have that work done at the same time and will post that info when I have it.

dsb

/ Bobcat Service #2  
DSB

I know I'm new to this forum...but I am not new to heavy equipment etc.

While many within this forum have a frame of reference from the residential equipment market...Bobcat does not play there...they are commercial

That being said the expectations of a commerical owner of a piece of equipment that makes them money is quite different. Down time equates to lost revenue...therefore on site service overnite parts etc. is par for the course and the price of entry into the big time commercial market. Ask CAT they built there rep not only on equipment but on parts availablity.

What you are telling me is typical for my expirence with heavy equipment. It is part of the reason the ToolCat costs what it does...its not a Home Depot/Lowes piece of equipment.

Sounds like your dealer is taking good care of you

SD-Dave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bobcat Service
Good to know SD-Dave, thanks.

On the lawn and garden type equipment I don't expect on-site warranty work although I have read of others getting that equipment picked up for service. Just doesn't seem to be enough margin in that type of equipment.

When I worked for a large farmer years ago I do recall the dealer picking up AG equipment in the first year even though it required a semi to haul. I don't recall that ever happening after the first year. This operation included a rock quarry and I don't recall that type of service on the loaders either.

Anyway, I'm tickled that I am getting work done on-site with a 3 year old unit even though I am the 2nd owner.

dsb

/ Bobcat Service #4  
I just had the mower mod done last week. I did the same as you. Asked if there was any thing else that needed done since they are coming . Luckily I was all up to date. Bobcat has GREAT service.

PS where has Brian in Maryland been?

Mike

/ Bobcat Service
Mike,

Have not heard from BrianSouthernMD in a while. Others have been asking as well. Hopefully he will return soon.

Did you have the mower work done at your site? If so, how far are you from the dealer? Just trying to get an idea of what the acceptable range is for a dealer to travel to do service work.

dsb

/ Bobcat Service #6  
dsb5610:
I believe they give one hour of travel time for field mods.

/ Bobcat Service
I am probably 40 minutes away so the one hour reimbursement may not quite cover their time. I wonder how they get reimbursed for two separate mods done in one trip (one mod is on the mower and one is on the Toolcat).

dsb

/ Bobcat Service #8  
I am 50 miles from dealer, but repair guy lives about 15 miles from me.

Mike

/ Bobcat Service
Bobcat completed the mods on the mower and the Toolcat. It took quite a while for the work to be done due to me recommending that they do the work on-site when they have other work scheduled in my area. My hope was to eliminate any additional labor cost due to travel time and since the mods were not critical there was no hurry. I got the bill over the weekend which included an oil filter, parts manual and service manual I had asked them to bring out in addition to one hour of labor. The tech had two other stops in my area the day he did the mods, an on-site repair and a machine pick-up.

I am going to call the service manager for an explanation on the labor charge but thought I would get some feedback on it first. It's not that much money but I would like to make sure this one is billed right so any future ones follow the same practice. Any thoughts?

dsb

/ Bobcat Service #10  
I have had an overheating problem with my Toolcat 5600B. Bobcat of Troy,OH. replaced the unit with a new 5600 c turbo upgrade. I paid a reasonable amount for the use of the old one and the upgrade.They have given me two Toolcats to use for mowing and spraying for three weeks until the new one comes from the factory. They never charged me for any of the service work performed on the old one nor transport charges. I don't feel the cost is that high on the units when you look at the services they provide. I have never gotten service like this on my truck or tractor.