Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
We have decided on a Kubota 1140 RTV, but my wife was asking about painting it. My reason for potentially changing the color is that it MIGHT have the potential to decrease the likelihood of it being stolen. An Orange Kubota is a dime a dozen around here, but a blue one with our farm logo on the hood might make the robbers choose another rather than mine. (I know the wrap can be removed easily, but it still might be a deterrent.) Camo would be even worse as a remote hunting camp would likely be the place a stolen RTV would end up. She doesn稚 like the camo anyway.

I explained the easiest way to change the color would be to wrap it. But I have never tried doing it. I am looking for a custom company that can print our logo and colors on the wrap. I see full sized car wraps online and I see preprinted RTV wraps, but I do not see any custom RTV wraps.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this question. It is not that leaving it orange bothers me, just that anything I can do to minimize its loss is something I would like to consider. If that makes my wife happy in the process, so much the better.

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #2  
Find someone local that does wraps and talk to them. They are a dime a dozen around here. If they can wrap a car, truck or tractor trailer an RTV shouldn’t be a problem.

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #3  
It's going to be expensive, and it won't make a bit of difference on being stolen.

Thieves with spray cans could change the color you put on, in about 10 minutes.

They don't have to worry about how perfect the paint job is. As long as it looks different from the road.

And, I agree a wrap can be removed, and would likely be the case.

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #4  
7CED2589-8446-4A99-9AF9-223B9FABC284.jpeg1BD7D72E-1D02-4517-8622-9DED097D06B4.jpegI致e got a 2015 1140 with 400 hours. Meet Frank the Tank, AKA Frankenkubota! By far, the most capable vehicle I致e ever owned. It does everything I ask and more. Bought it used, and abused and cheap, $4900.00

Here痴 a couple of photos showing what a few young guys, working on someone else痴 rig, can do with a rattle can. Mine was used for maintenance in a huge apt. complex. It痴 obviously been highly modified, rear bed and rear seat removed etc etc. l love it!

What you can稚 see is all the overspray and my favorite, one of the boys took an angle grinder to the hood, just to make it look tougher, it does!

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #5  
The best remedy (not deterrent) for theft is insurance. Something gets stolen, replace it and move on. Someone wants something you own they will probably figure out a way to steal it.

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #6  
The best remedy (not deterrent) for theft is insurance. Something gets stolen, replace it and move on. Someone wants something you own they will probably figure out a way to steal it.

Agreed.

Some sort of kill system, so they can't get it to run would be a better deterrent than a paint job. But, it's often pretty easy to hot wire a diesel.

Although, with the newer systems it may be feasible to foil them with a jumped safety switch, or sensor you could rig up so it would not run, unless you know the trick.

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #7  
Have a local or online vinyl sign printer make you a vinyl sign with logo for hood and some smaller versions for tailgate and bed sides.
Get a battery cut off switch for way under $20 off Amazon or any auto parts store or ebay and install in some known to you location and yes, get insurance. Not seeing the peel off body wrap doing much to deter theft in my opinion.
Could even get a floor jack and Ryobi battery impact wrench and pop a tire or two off and hide or take the tire(s) with you. They'd probably steal the jack os may want to let it rest on a jack stand and hide the jack. :)

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #8  
It's going to be expensive, and it won't make a bit of difference on being stolen.

Thieves with spray cans could change the color you put on, in about 10 minutes.

They don't have to worry about how perfect the paint job is. As long as it looks different from the road.

And, I agree a wrap can be removed, and would likely be the case.

I agree, two Hondas were stolen. When found, they had been spray painted flat black, everything but the seat.

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #9  
Is theft really a problem where you are?

/ Body wrap for Kubota RTV 1140 #10  
I have known people and companies to splash the fugliest lime green or similar color paint on just about everything. Big generators, ladders, power tools, you name it. I guess, the chances of theft decrease, but man so does the joy of ownership! I once got mad on a job site when a painter had borrowed my ladder and got a few drops of paint on it.

Making stuff harder to steal WORKS! Thieves likely won't plot endlessly about how to steal your stuff. They will just move on to easier targets.

Always think out of the box and don't just do what "everyone" else does. Sometimes I had to leave stuff somewhere or in the back of an open truck. I have written "BAD", SCRAP, or similar things on stuff. I have left notes attached to a door addressed to a Police Constable, just totally ficticious, but making someone think a cop may be expected there..

As for the wrap. May I suggest, something in a Mary K, Anniversary Theme? Or maybe some nice big rainbows on each side with PRIDE Banners!

Last edited: