Boom Mower?

/ Boom Mower? #11  
According to Terry at Power Trac they used to make a sickle bar mower for some of the power trac's I don't know for what tractor.

/ Boom Mower? #13  
ventac's boom mower is just too expensive and it looks like a PITA to put on. jim

It IS very expensive. However, it is not difficult to attach. It is the only Ventrac attachment (that I know of) which comes with jacks. This allows one to keep it perfect height for connecting.

While expensive, it is amazing at cutting very difficult areas.

Tim

/ Boom Mower? #14  
I wrote numerous threads about my misadventure with the Samurai cutter.

/ Boom Mower? #15  
My first question is what happens when it grabs on a rock of just the right size and it gets between the teeth, or the teeth and the frame?

/ Boom Mower? #16  
It IS very expensive. However, it is not difficult to attach. It is the only Ventrac attachment (that I know of) which comes with jacks. This allows one to keep it perfect height for connecting.

While expensive, it is amazing at cutting very difficult areas.

Tim

Over 20,000.00 I could buy a used cut for that and get a 7' mower for less..... jim

/ Boom Mower? #17  
The same thing every farmer in the US. does, fix it...... rivet a new section on the bar and replace a guard if it needs it..... jim

/ Boom Mower? #20  
As for rock damage in the Samurai Sickle. You don't have to worry about that. It will have destroyed itself in fiftten minutes anyway, cutting branches that it's easily supposed to be rated for.