Boom Pole, Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL

/ Boom Pole, Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL #1  

jejeosborne

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota/B7800
Last weekend I made some attachments for my front end loader. I will post some pictures that my aid others looking to do the same.

First my dad and I made fork attachments by welding gussets to the sides of the bucket for a solid rod to go through. We then welded heavy pipe to back of the forks which will side on the rod. The bottom of the forks rest against the leading edge of bucket. The forks can slide anywhere between the width of the bucket. I was impressed with what a B7800 kubota would lift with the forks, I would estimate around 750 lbs.

Fortunately my dad owns a fabricating shop and he helped me..................especially with the welding.

Attachments

• 756666-Fork attachment2.jpg
    756666-Fork attachment2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,890
   / Boom Pole, Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL
Second we build a Boom Pole and Reciever Hitch. We took some 6" channel to reinforce the top of the bucket and then welded a 2" reciever hitch to that. The boom pole is then a 2" square tubing with a flat bar bridge. I made a reciever hitch at the end of the boom pole which will accept a variety of tools as well as an extension pole for a longer reach. I can lift approximately 300 lbs. at the end of the extension. Great for hanging rafters and light work.

Attachments

• 756676-Boom2.jpg
    756676-Boom2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3,871
Boom Pole Extended.

Attachments

• 756677-Boom extended2.jpg
    756677-Boom extended2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 3,836
Reciever Hitch attached.

Attachments

• 756678-Reciever Hitch2.jpg
    756678-Reciever Hitch2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3,140
Front Bucket view.

Attachments

• 756679-Front bucket2.jpg
    756679-Front bucket2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,490
   / Boom Pole, Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL #6  
That is awesome! So when can you do the same to mine? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sure MGB, would be happy to do the same for you. I think the commute from Maine would be costly though. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Boom Pole, Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL #8  
How do you hook chain to the pole?.............chim

/ Boom Pole, Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL #9  
jejeosborne, just curious, where are you located?

chim, good eye! I have a hole drilled in the end of the extension and put a clevis through it. I agree though that I should have welded one of the hooks in the other direction but the clevis will swivel and is more safe.

When not using the the extension, I slide into the reciever a shorter bar with hooks that can also be used directly on the bucket reciever. Great tool for skidding logs.