BOOM POLE PICS

/ BOOM POLE PICS #11  
Is that for the 3 point or FEL? A 3 point one may not be a bad idea. CJ

It's for a FEL. It would not take much to add mounts so it could be used on a 3pt. Something to consider.

/ BOOM POLE PICS #12  
Nice job. Be sure you are on level ground with it when you pick high. the bad thing is that you have an axle pivot up front, makes it easier to tip. Mine is five ft long and I put an eight G hyd winch that is permanently in my loader frame. Use it a lot for loading this and that.

/ BOOM POLE PICS #14  
before paint

We'll be using this 8' boom pole to set some 500 gallon diesel and kerosene tanks on an 11' tall stand.
image.jpeg

/ BOOM POLE PICS #15  
before paint

We'll be using this 8' boom pole to set some 500 gallon diesel and kerosene tanks on an 11' tall stand.
View attachment 320421

That looks nice, but I would be concerned about using the flat stock for bracing instead of something more ridged, like tubing, barstock, etc. If the boom pole starts to bend, the flat stock has a lot of movement to take up before it comes in to play. Just my opinion, but I'd change it. Nice job otherwise!

/ BOOM POLE PICS #16  
That looks nice, but I would be concerned about using the flat stock for bracing instead of something more ridged, like tubing, barstock, etc. If the boom pole starts to bend, the flat stock has a lot of movement to take up before it comes in to play. Just my opinion, but I'd change it. Nice job otherwise!

X2

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ BOOM POLE PICS #17  
The flat bar will be under tension, so it doesn't need to be rigid. A cable or chain could be used. The problem is that it is curved, and those curves will have to straighten before the flat bar will add much strength.

Bruce

/ BOOM POLE PICS #18  
Like others said thats one heck of a boom pole.

Boone

pics of mine World Agritech (International) aka IMCO w/cat 1 or 2 pins came in faded red color. Paid $160 for it. Painted it JD green.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 306
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 228
   / BOOM POLE PICS #19  
Here's my 3 point one . On my 135 best pics I have right now . Part of a old auger cut off a piece of drill stem and some angle iron 2 horse shoes a chain hook . . Has been working for years my dad build it in the early '80's .

Guess now I will have to build one for the front of the Kubota.
image-3184953760.jpg

image-3243444541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ BOOM POLE PICS #20  
We set one of the 500-gallon tanks on a pallet yesterday with the new boom pole so we can prep and paint it. Worked like a charm and the extra 8' of reach will enable us to set the tanks in their 11' tall stands.
IMG_0666.jpg