Bought a bush hog today

/ Bought a bush hog today #1  

Slamfire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi D 1800
Actually I don't know what it is. My old yeller Swisher tow behind, gave up the yoke and universal joint while mowing the wifes garden. Sure am glad I turned the two point hitch upside down to act as a pto guard. On the way to TSC to get some new parts, I noticed a Mitshbishi/Satoh Buck with a three point rotary cutter attached, at the second farm supply shop I passed. Swung in to take a look, and the fellow allowed as how he could sell the hog seperate. I had him fire it up so I could listen to it run. After the initial spool up, I couldn't hear it at all. He wanted $250, less than half the price of a new one, so I bought it. I don't know what brand it is unless you consider used a brand name. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It mowed the garden really well, passed over everything in two directions to kind of mulch it up before turning it under.

/ Bought a bush hog today #2  
Well done! Sounds like a nice find that saves some $$$. Being new to the tractor world I'm shocked at the price of implements /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I may have to just keep my eyes open for attachments over time and hope I get lucky like you did ...