Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45 Shuttle
I bought a:
Comer
Type 280-A
Code 280.000.20
Series F94

First, how is this Comer, Alamo and Mott relationship? Does one make them and the rest relabel them?

Anyway, I drove 2.5 hours to buy this from a fellow off of Craigslist. In it's former life, it was owned by some municipality so I'm sure it is well used:rolleyes: The knives look ok but it'll need some straightening and some other little things.

I emailed flailmaster.com for a catalog and to see if they had a parts breakdown for it.

The guy told me it had a bad bearing and that he was missing the drive shaft coupling. So, I hurried home and immediately tore the the gearbox apart, hoping and praying that the ring and pinion were good. I knew they'd be expensive, but I didn't know HOW expensive until I got home. Both the ring and pinion look great! However, I can't figure out what parts are missing or broke (hopefully I'll have a diagram soon).

I can't attach any photos of the parts or the mower because my other computer is on the fritz and my old digital camera isn't compatible with this laptop- it has Vista. I'll keep working on it.

Any advice? Any places to buy good used flail mower parts? Anyone know how the bearings, seals, etc. assemble the output shaft guts?

/ Bought a Flail Mower: now I need to fix it
i know, it's just not as exciting without pics!:D

i can't get it going...

/ Bought a Flail Mower: now I need to fix it #3  
Did you ever fix this flail mower? If not I am looking for parts, especially the pinion shaft, maybe some others as well.

John