Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #51  
When I bought my tractor new in 2021, I noticed later that there are stickers on various parts showing a late spring 2019 date. Apparently my tractor sat around for almost two years before I bought it. So yes, I would believe that during the covid shut-downs you still had tractors not being bought.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #52  
I bought a new L3902 in June of '23 paid full price for it. Recently while researching parts I realized the serial number indicates it's a 2019. When I got it the seat was a bit rough looking not torn or anything just weathered as we're the oil fill caps faded as well as the trans dip stick. Having just moved to Tennessee I though that it must be been a rough winter and previous summer thinking it was probably delivered the summer of 22 to the dealership. But not wanting to complain I just turned a blind eye. Well now with this revelation I feel a bit taken. I get that they are not like cars and I would've been fine with a '22 but 4 years old seems a bit much especially when I was expecting a new tractor. I want to call them and give them an earful but I don't want to but bridges either. Thoughts?

Careful. Did the Dealer claim it was a 2023, 2022, or any year? If not, you got nothing to claim against him.

While we might think differently, Kubota goes by "date put in service", which means I think, the day it was purchased. Personally I think that leads to problems, but, it is what it is.

When I look up parts, I find a serial number break point, but never seen a date reference. Where did you find that information?

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #53  
For what it's worth, when I bought my B2650 in 2019, the local Kubota dealer didn't stock B3032 models since they were having so much trouble with the regen system. That applied to the L series as well. They now stock new 3032s - just saying.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #54  
Here's how a good dealer works: mine sold me a backhoe for my B that was new, unsold but had been sitting in crate for several years.

They gave a me a discount off price and said if I ever have any hoses fail, they will replace for free.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #55  
Do you have a yellow switch that turns on the PTO? Does your tractor have an adjustable suspension seat? If is it is a 3902, a few made in 2022 but most made in 2023. If it was a 2019 it would be a 3901 with a lever to move for the PTO and the seat sitting on two springs.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #56  
Thoughts?
Well, you did not say it was 'advertised' as new. Was it? How did you come to believe it was a 'new' tractor? If the salesman misled you, you may have a case and absolutely have a case for promising them a lifetime (yours) of bad mothing that salesperson and dealer. Go in and talk to the owner first, or write them a letter setting forth your case for feeling deceived (find out and address the owner if you can). Then wait a few days for a response. If none is forthcoming, try going in to 'speak to someone' during their busiest day of the month. Keep notes, even use a little recorder to help you get it all down right.

However, if you "Ass U Me d" it was new . . . not so much.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #57  
I certainly don't know and have no advice about how to proceed EXCEPT that, if some sort of FRAUD has been committed against you in this, I would NOT "look the other way" at all. I agree with others about bypassing the dealer and communicate instead with Kubota corporate directly to get some answers about what has happened here!

And....keep in mind that the clock is ticking on legal statutes and your ability to gain compensation IF you've been wronged in some way.

I found out many moons ago that a simple small claims law suit is a very effective way to get a large company's attention and to start telling truths and doing the "right thing". But you have to move in a timely manner or crooked ways win out.

Good luck.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #58  
I have a bit of experience in the tractor industry. After reading this thread, I can almost guarantee I can explain what is happening (spoiler alert: no big conspiracy or "bait and switch.")

The OP is reading the engine serial number, not the tractor serial number. The engine was made in 2019 but was not used by the tractor factory until (probably) 2022. There were no L3902 models in 2019, so the tractor can not be that old.

The warranty will not be impacted as it starts based on the original sale date, not the manufacture date.

Now if the unit was faded, cracking, or otherwise damaged, the buyer should have called the dealer out on that before (or at the time of) delivery. The dealer may have shown him that exact tractor and discounted it (without saying so, as not to call attention the the problems) because of these issues. But before (or during) delivery is the time to discuss these issues, not weeks or months after you take delivery (just my two cents).

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #59  
The serial number for the TRACTOR is :
  • L Series: On left-hand side of front axle or under the seat.
Read that and report back with the year THAT represents.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #60  
No harm in calling them and explaining nicely what you’ve discovered and see what the response is.

The “best” thing would be you could find another new (or low hours) one from 2019 somewhere and see what they’re selling for. That will give you an idea if you paid full price or a discounted price.

While it’s annoying to have that happen, I doubt it has any real impact on the current value.
I bought a new L3902 in June of '23 paid full price for it. Recently while researching parts I realized the serial number indicates it's a 2019. When I got it the seat was a bit rough looking not torn or anything just weathered as we're the oil fill caps faded as well as the trans dip stick. Having just moved to Tennessee I though that it must be been a rough winter and previous summer thinking it was probably delivered the summer of 22 to the dealership. But not wanting to complain I just turned a blind eye. Well now with this revelation I feel a bit taken. I get that they are not like cars and I would've been fine with a '22 but 4 years old seems a bit much especially when I was expecting a new tractor. I want to call them and give them an earful but I don't want to but bridges either. Thoughts?
If the dealer sold it as New and as a current model year, you have been swindled, period. I wouldn't trust the dealer for anything, don't worry about burning bridges. The main thing I would be concerned about is warranty validity on the tractor. Unless you have a legitimate document from the factory, your warranty has or is about to run out. This sounds like a deal gone dad from start.