Bought a V10 today.

/ Bought a V10 today. #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
Here is my latest "brain storm". My wife and I have both been married previously. So, I have "stuff". She has "stuff". Our mothers passed away. We got their "stuff".

I decided to buy a box van to start flea marketing to get rid of some of this "stuff", lol! Plus, I can use the truck to haul hay in. No straps, no worrying about rain. Also, we are going to downsize house and propertly wise again but stay in the same area so I won't have to rent a truck.

I picked up an 04' E450 with a 16' foot box. It has 181k but looks and runs better that trucks with half that milage that I looked over. It has E-track and a translucent roof. The roll up door is smooth. New tires, new battery. It has a hitch tube but I need to take it to a certified welder to get some reinforcement. No ramp or lift gate but it has room under the box to come up with a ramp solution.

Since I don't need to use this as a daily driver, the V10 does not bother me over the wimpy 5.4.

About the only thing I see that I need to do is pull the front box corners off to reseal them and the rolled aluminum panel at the front top leaks from flexing. Pretty typical for a box. There is also a spot on the floor in one corner that has water damage. Other than that, good to go.

I have been intrigued by the Izuzu's and I had been bidding on an IH CF500 on Ebay but I don't have the extra 10k more or less so this will do me.

/ Bought a V10 today. #2  
Good looking truck, real clean.

/ Bought a V10 today. #3  
I want a dump truck so bad but had to agree to wait till the house is paid.
Nice truck though. Nice thing about a box like that is you don't have to unload it, just lock it and leave it.

/ Bought a V10 today. #4  
Looks great..I have a V10 in a '97 E450 MH. Moves the MH well..

/ Bought a V10 today. #5  
Here is my latest "brain storm". My wife and I have both been married previously. So, I have "stuff". She has "stuff". Our mothers passed away. We got their "stuff".

I decided to buy a box van to start flea marketing to get rid of some of this "stuff", lol! Plus, I can use the truck to haul hay in. No straps, no worrying about rain. Also, we are going to downsize house and propertly wise again but stay in the same area so I won't have to rent a truck.

I picked up an 04' E450 with a 16' foot box. It has 181k but looks and runs better that trucks with half that milage that I looked over. It has E-track and a translucent roof. The roll up door is smooth. New tires, new battery. It has a hitch tube but I need to take it to a certified welder to get some reinforcement. No ramp or lift gate but it has room under the box to come up with a ramp solution.

Since I don't need to use this as a daily driver, the V10 does not bother me over the wimpy 5.4.

About the only thing I see that I need to do is pull the front box corners off to reseal them and the rolled aluminum panel at the front top leaks from flexing. Pretty typical for a box. There is also a spot on the floor in one corner that has water damage. Other than that, good to go.

I have been intrigued by the Izuzu's and I had been bidding on an IH CF500 on Ebay but I don't have the extra 10k more or less so this will do me.

Nice looking truck. Since you are going to work on the hitch and add ramps or whatever, have you thought about getting a lift gate? Something like a Tommy lift would be amazing on that truck.

/ Bought a V10 today. #6  
They are good motors. From what I have heard they do good towing. They sound good with loud pipes too.

/ Bought a V10 today. #8  
Nice truck, and I see why you would want to do a little work on that hitch.
Doug

/ Bought a V10 today. #9  
Be very careful of V10 sparkplugs some were only threaded into the head with several threads and when they are removed they strip the head, not impossible to fix in truck, but takes special tooling too do. Later models did not have this problem

/ Bought a V10 today. #10  
Nice find. I am sure its rear end gearing is deep and it should fo a very nice job for you.

Chris