bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #21  
Good luck. Please keep us posted.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response
I just dropped the tractor off with the dealer. I hope the problems will get resolved. i will keep everyone posted on the results. thanks to all who have helped and/or showed concern.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #23  
Good to hear! please keep us posted!

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response
I just wanted to update everyone. i have been in the hopital and havenen't been where I could update. my tractor is still at the dealer. When I checked on it last monday (two week mark) they told me that the last decal had been overnighted last Friday. This is Thursday, and it still has not come in. The hood and cowling came back from the painters yesterday, and the parts had runs, sanding scratches and debris in the paint. I honestly could have done a better job of painting it myself. This morning, when I checked on it I asked about getting the area service man to help with the kill control issue. they told me that they did not need him and that they would try to adjust it, but were limited on what they could do.
Yesterday, I called agco and asked for the name and number of the area rep. they told me that I had to get it from the dealer. When I told the lady that they would not do that she gave me the number for Cunningham tractors in Paris, Tx. I called them and they told me that they had a number that they called, but would not give it out to customers. I called agco back and got the same lady I had talked to five minutes earlier. When I told he what had happed with Cunningham, she told me that she would get the rep to call me. It is 24 hours later and no one has called. So, the tractor has been at the dealer's for almost three weeks. Neither agco nor Mf will call me to try to help me and I have had the tractor for four months and it has never been right. All I can hope for is that enough tractor people read this and have second thoughts about buying a Massey Ferguson, because they do not back their tractors or even have the courtesy to call their customers.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #25  
We have not had an issue at all, and will continue to support them. Call corporate in Georgia, and keep climbing the ladder.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #26  
Yup, you have a dealer issue. All the problems you have should have been taken care of before you took delivery. AGCO is doing the right thing in my eyes in sending you through a dealer. Though they should be pushing the dealer to get it resolved. If someone can't paint a hood & get a shut-off cable working right there is no doubt they can't PM a tractor & get it delivered right.

I'm not sure what's going on in Texas, but the area rep may have harvest equipment to look after right now. Not that your machine isn't important, but paint & a sticky shutoff shouldn't take priority in my mind.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #27  
Bought a 2615 back in January. It also had 3 hours on it. The first problem was a bad battery then a corroded ignition switch then a check chain bracket snapped. The dealer got right behind these problems. Now I can't raise the lift arms high enough to get my finish mower off the ground, much less high enough to change the blades. On three occassions the independant PTO disengaged itself. I really don't like the rear R4 tires. The loader is a major PITA to get on and off. The tractor is built way too heavy for a 48 hp engine to pull uphills, I only hope the weight helps in the snow.
When the machine was delivered it had been washed and waxed and thoroughly greased.
Some of these things are really not the dealer's problem. The ones that are have been dealt with over the phone with complete cooperation. My dealer is 150 miles away. The salesman and the service manager came up here one Sunday morning to deal with the battery and the ignition switch issues. For them it was a 300 mile round trip.
I like Massey and had great luck with my previous 2 Massey Tractors.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #28  
Weight = traction, That is a good thing. R4 Tires beling in construction, not on AG tractors, but if your dealer sells more compacts then anything else, that is all he will know.

Bought a 2615 back in January. It also had 3 hours on it. The first problem was a bad battery then a corroded ignition switch then a check chain bracket snapped. The dealer got right behind these problems. Now I can't raise the lift arms high enough to get my finish mower off the ground, much less high enough to change the blades. On three occassions the independant PTO disengaged itself. I really don't like the rear R4 tires. The loader is a major PITA to get on and off. The tractor is built way too heavy for a 48 hp engine to pull uphills, I only hope the weight helps in the snow.
When the machine was delivered it had been washed and waxed and thoroughly greased.
Some of these things are really not the dealer's problem. The ones that are have been dealt with over the phone with complete cooperation. My dealer is 150 miles away. The salesman and the service manager came up here one Sunday morning to deal with the battery and the ignition switch issues. For them it was a 300 mile round trip.
I like Massey and had great luck with my previous 2 Massey Tractors.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #29  
I'm on my third Massey Ferguson. I've had a couple of issues with my 593. One of my instrument panel lights were out when I first got the tractor, they came to the house and made the repair. The other couple of minor problems I've had they bent over backwards to make the repairs. It could be any brand of machine that the dealer doesn't support their customer after the sale. As long as my dealer here in Texas is open I'll continue to buy MF. If he ever closes then I would look at other manufacturers.

thanks to everyone who has helped me and thanks for all yor suggestions. The dealer is to deliver my tractor today. It sure looks good. I think they have everything fixed. Although the area rep probably did help get the problems resolved, No one would give me his phone number, and he never contacted me. I have not heard from my survey that I sent in. I believe that it would help MF/Agco to be responsive to their customers. Just a word of encouragement from them when we have problems would sure go along ways and help stop the uncertainty. A special thanks to j Smith for all his help.The dealer has been having trouble getting the decals for the tractor, It is still short a 2605 decal. As I told the dealer when I sat on the tractor, now it feels like I have a new tractor. The hood fits better than it ever has. Thanks again to all who have helped and offered ideas and encouragement. I can now close this chapter and this thread.