Bouncing Baby... Horse

/ Bouncing Baby... Horse #1  

SteveH_CT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deere 4310
OK - He's not a baby, and so far he hasn't bounced, but he does pace quite well.

We went to an Open House in Cream Ridge NJ this past weekend and ended up adopting a beautiful Standard Bred Gelding named Turbo Cruise-N. What a great time we had, and we finally got to meet so many of the folks who run this horse rescue and adoption organization. Here are a few pictures of our new pal. If anyone is interested in the group and what they do, here is the link; www.adoptahorse.org

The horse we ended up adopting is 8 years old, he's a retired racer. He originally came from New Zealand and has had a fairly decent racing career over here. Pic 2856 shows just how tense he was in his stall - this guy seems to have the same type of personality as my Lab, calm smart and fun.

As soon as we get him home I'll be sure to post better pictures, as I don't think these do him justice.

Attachments

• DCP_2857.JPG
    DCP_2857.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 224
  • DCP_2819.JPG
    DCP_2819.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DCP_2856.JPG
    DCP_2856.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
   / Bouncing Baby... Horse
Our plans are to train him - possibly for some entry level dressage, but primarily he'll be for pleasure/trail riding. My wife has experience with training, so we'll see how that goes. He is actually going to be my wife's horse.

I rode him yesterday, I was only the 2nd or 3rd person ever to be on his back - he was calm smooth and relaxed the whole time. Obviously he doesn't know too well what I'm asking him to do - but that will come with a little time. They seem to be a great breed for this type of riding. The one thing I've read is that you have to re-train them how to canter, since they have been trained to be a pacer.

More will certainly come - this will be a learning experience for me.