Box blade top link connection

/ Box blade top link connection #1  

PistolPete

Tractor
John Deere X590
I’m pretty sure I’m about to ask a dumb question …

I received my new EA box blade today. The place where the top link connects has three holes. The bottom has a bolted pin, the top two are empty. Middle is sized like a cat 1 pin, the top is larger. When I tried to connect my quick hitch, the stud is too low, and if I put a pin in either of the open holes, the hitch hook doesn’t fit.

So the stupid question of the day is - Am I supposed to remove the bolted stud?

8299F4B9-D2AA-475B-8677-7F3FE9F3D9DB.jpeg

/ Box blade top link connection #2  
I don't use a quick hitch but the bolt is there to keep the mounts in place and not spread from side loads on the third arm. I have seen people remove the bolt from where it is to another hole for a quick hitch.

/ Box blade top link connection #3  
Aren't the two uprights welded together behind the bolt?

Remove the bolt and use a pin in the appropriate hole for your category.

Bruce

/ Box blade top link connection #4  
Take the bolt out and move it up one if that is what it needs.

Does your quick hitch have an adjustable hook? Perhaps it's not set to what is considered standard

/ Box blade top link connection #5  
My quick hitch wasn't set correctly to the "standard" I needed when I purchased it. You may need to adjust the hook there. If you have no other quick-hitch ready implements yet and this is the first one, my money is on that being the solution. The EA implement is set to the standard and should not need to be modified. If you have a mixed bag of other implements that you already hook to this is a different story.

/ Box blade top link connection
Thanks everyone. I’ll have to check this out again in the light of day (damn time change) and take some measurements. I dropped the QH hook to its lowest point and the lift pins were still above the lift arm slots. If its okay to take out that top pin and move it I’ll just do that - I was hesitant since its painted I thought maybe it wasn’t supposed to be moved for some structural reason.

The only other implements I use with QH is a ballast box from rural king (so god only knows if it’s a standard size or not) and a finish mower, which uses a floating link instead of the hook. So I don’t have a good reference for the setup of my hitch.