Box Blade

/ Box Blade #1  

bazman82

Gold Member
Tractor
Same Mercury 75 Farmtrac 795DTC
I have been dragging my feet on this for way to long and finally pulled the trigger today. Just ordered an EA box blade. I went with the 96" 60-125hp extreme blade with lockable floating tailgate. I spent the extra for their viper teeth as I know I have some big rocks in the ground and car parts from the old junk yard. I was thinking of having it painted black but decided against it and will just stick with their industrial yellow.

I will have to update again (w/photos) in about 4 to 5 months!!:sick: Its a long wait and my only regret is that I didn't order it back in Sept...

/ Box Blade #2  

Im usually the kind of guy that wants to find something broken and fix it, make the thing i want out of something else in a scrap pile, or at least buy the cheapest thing i think will do the job.

BUT, after seeing this guy Ted at EA drive his box blades around like it's a demolition derby car (and similar test videos of other implements) and talk with great honesty about their design, process of refinement and improvement and attempts to find the weaknesses, i think EA is one of the few companies I wouldn't hesitate to spend 'full retail' to get their products.

Hopefully yours ships early!

/ Box Blade #3  
Specs indicate that going to be a good implement. Waiting is the pits - I know how you feel.

/ Box Blade #6  

Im usually the kind of guy that wants to find something broken and fix it, make the thing i want out of something else in a scrap pile, or at least buy the cheapest thing i think will do the job.

BUT, after seeing this guy Ted at EA drive his box blades around like it's a demolition derby car (and similar test videos of other implements) and talk with great honesty about their design, process of refinement and improvement and attempts to find the weaknesses, i think EA is one of the few companies I wouldn't hesitate to spend 'full retail' to get their products.

Hopefully yours ships early!
I can't think of one person saying that their purchase from EA was not a positive thing. That is pretty amazing. They have been at it a while.

/ Box Blade #8  
I think it will be worth the wait. Like their ripper attachment mounting and new ripper design. Would be top of my list too. 8’ is a big one.

/ Box Blade #9  
I can't think of one person saying that their purchase from EA was not a positive thing. That is pretty amazing. They have been at it a while.
I actually did have a negative experience with them, ended up sending the implement back for warranty repairs and it came back 'sort of' fixed... Their response was basically it's not supposed to be pretty and sell it if you don't like it. Most of my highschool metal shop would have done a better job building it... Ended up selling it.

That said, I have another implement from them that is flawless and completely deserving of the reputation they have. I also just ordered a different version (bigger) of the one that I had problems with and sold. So, in the end, they make good stuff with some features that others don't. I think my experience was a one off, made on a Friday before a holiday or something probably.

/ Box Blade
having a hyd top link would be icing on the cake for the anticipated blade
I have 4-5 months to make this happen and it was something I was thinking about.

I know I will be putting those rippers to the test with some of the ground I'll be going through. I do have some areas of gravel near the fields that are quite a ways away from the barn. The junkyard must had made those spots back in the 50's or 60's but I will be using the blades ripper teeth to loosen that up and move that stone somewhere else.