Box Leveler TC40D

/ Box Leveler TC40D #1  

Tractororganic

Tractor
Neww Holland TC40D
How can I disassemble my 2003 TC40D tractor's stiff and floppy 3pt box leveler (aka mechanical tilt link) to try to refurbish it and make it work more easily? I can't find an internal parts diagram. I greased all 3 zerks well but there's a lot of friction inside the upper "box" crank part and I need 2 hands to stop it swiveling around while cranking; however the sleeve does not seem to be binding on the threaded shaft. A complete new unit lists for over $600 online. Apparently it's another one of the solid precious metal replacement parts of which my now antique and designer luxury item classic tractor is compri$ed. I know it would be cheaper to add hydraulic tilt, but still significant time, money and 2 more rear valves would be needed. I am installing a new and reasonably priced $300 hydraulic top link with hoses from Agristore USA onto the 2 rear valves that I do have this weekend. I have seen some aftermarket leveling box substitutes, but they may not fit as well as original equipment, and I really don't use this feature very often. Thank you.

/ Box Leveler TC40D #2  
It does have a grease fitting. Becids doing that I would try taking it appart and cleaning up the moving parts.

/ Box Leveler TC40D #3  
I haven't found any info on disassembly. I have the manual for my TC40D, but the only info it shows is to grease the Zerk. Mine still works fine, although I still want to add hydraulics. I had TnT on my old tractor; I miss it, but it is also $$$