Box Scraper Box scraper for Kubota B6200

/ Box scraper for Kubota B6200 #1  

dvan1966

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B6200DT
I was thinking of getting a box scraper for my Kubota B6200. From what I have read a 5' would be too big. I am looking for a 4' and found one on facebook marketplace near me. A 4' Countyline for $800, almost looks new. I googled them and it looks like TSC sold them except they only have 5' and bigger now. I found them for $450 and free shipping online but it turns out that they are in Japan. Would my Kubota handle a 5'? Is $800 too pricey for a 4'?
Thanks for any help.

/ Box scraper for Kubota B6200 #2  
Look for a blade that is made for BX machines...I have a B1700 that is just a bit more tractor than your 6200...I have a Bush-Hog brand 5' CBX box blade and I have never had an issue even with full boxes of gravel etc...

I think I paid about $500.00...it's not as heavy as regular bb's and sometimes it requires a an extra pass etc but there are some tricks you'll learn...
...having hydraulic top and tilt on the 3ph really makes all the difference in the world when using any box blade...

good luck...

/ Box scraper for Kubota B6200 #3  
Five foot might be just a bit too big. My theory - buy once, cry once. I have a 6 foot roll over box blade that I pull with my M6040. I ALSO have a FitRite hydraulic top link. The top link makes ALL the difference in the world. My ROBB is a Bush Hog 720 - 710#.

If I'm too aggressive in digging with my box blade - I can stop the M6040 dead in it's tracks. All four wheels will be digging their own little holes.

The hydraulic top link is the REAL answer to easy use of any ground engagement implement. You will soon learn your own little tricks to successful use of a box blade.

/ Box scraper for Kubota B6200
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep looking for a 48". I don't have a hydraulic top link and no hydro lines in the rear of the tractor.

/ Box scraper for Kubota B6200 #5  
   / Box scraper for Kubota B6200 #6  
Top link is great, but you can get by without it. It is just slower.