Bradco Pallet Fork Advice

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
A little advice - I have a Bobcat CT225 (Kioti CK27) Tractor with a quick attach bucket. I want to get a set of pallet forks and I can get a Bradco set with 42" tines for 550$ plus tax. Just like these - Bradco Compact Tractor Loader Pallet Forks, Model Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach

Do I need 48"? (Just using them to move brush, a few pallets occasionally)

Do I need a heavier duty pair like Titan has?

Thanks
Steve

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #2  
The more the forks weigh, the less you can lift. The longer the tines are and the farther out from the front of the tractor the load is, the less you can lift.

For that size tractor (and several sizes above it) I'd stick with the 42" forks. Chances of that extra 6" helping do a job is a lot less likely than the extra size and weight being a hindrance.

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #4  
A little advice - I have a Bobcat CT225 (Kioti CK27) Tractor with a quick attach bucket. I want to get a set of pallet forks and I can get a Bradco set with 42" tines for 550$ plus tax. Just like these - Bradco Compact Tractor Loader Pallet Forks, Model Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach

Do I need 48"? (Just using them to move brush, a few pallets occasionally)

Do I need a heavier duty pair like Titan has?

Thanks
Steve

I am awaiting FEDEX today to deliver my pallet forks. I purchased the 42" with SSQA from Titan Attachments. I got it for $471 plus tax...total $517. Shipping was free !

It weighs 320 lbs...which is probably not much more than the empty bucket on the loader weighs. Go online to Titan and you can get the 10% coupon.

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #5  
I own the Bradco compact tractor forks and I am very pleased with them. They are manufactured in the US and are very well made.

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #6  
I am very happy with my 42" Titan forks. They are on most of the time in the summer.

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #7  
I have the Bradco w/42" on my CK27. Just right for my limited use (brush mostly, some pallet and rock work). Tines are heavy when spreading them! :laughing:

Also used them to unload my LPGS off the truck when it was delivered. They arrived together, so unloaded the forks by hand then used them to unload the LPGS. :thumbsup:

Oh, I don't have them yet, but I would recommend chain hooks on the forks to help hold loads in place.

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice
I ended up getting the 48" forks from Titan - haven't used them much; they did help me unload my used chipper from my work truck. Sure was easier on the back.:)

/ Bradco Pallet Fork Advice #9  
A note about longer forks is that you can use those longer tips to push stuff a little further: you'll also have another 6" two work with between the front of the tractor and anything you're [un]loading to/from. Anyone watching forklift operators working will understand. Downside is that if you're trying to pack something into a compact space you'll have your tips sticking out and hitting on stuff: if you've got plenty of lift and can manage with the load/contents out on the fork ends then it's not an issue; but, with a smaller tractor/less lift ability this might not be an option (and 42" would definitely be a smarter choice).