Brake adjustment on 2210

/ Brake adjustment on 2210 #1  

organ grinder

Bronze Member
I have a John Deere 2210 with 680 hours. The parking brake has stopped working. It will not engage when I push on the brake pedal. I can find nothing on line re: how to adjust the parking brake, and the local dealer’s only answer is to bring it in for a costly repair. I think the 2210 and 2305 use the same system for the pedal brake and parking brake. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the parking brake so it will work? A You Tube video or a page from the technical manual (which I do not have) would be very helpful. Thanks!

/ Brake adjustment on 2210 #2  
The 2210 has one pedal for braking. Parking is done by a locking lever.

Sounds like you are not getting any braking from that one brake pedal. Is that right?

/ Brake adjustment on 2210
The 2210 has one pedal for braking. Parking is done by a locking lever.

Sounds like you are not getting any braking from that one brake pedal. Is that right?
No, I am getting braking from the pedal. At least if I hold it in place, the tractor does not move or roll. The locking lever which you describe is not engaging. How to fix that is my question.

/ Brake adjustment on 2210 #4  
I have a John Deere 2210 with 680 hours. The parking brake has stopped working. It will not engage when I push on the brake pedal. I can find nothing on line re: how to adjust the parking brake, and the local dealer’s only answer is to bring it in for a costly repair. I think the 2210 and 2305 use the same system for the pedal brake and parking brake. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the parking brake so it will work? A You Tube video or a page from the technical manual (which I do not have) would be very helpful. Thanks!

Attachments

• JD 2210 Brake Service.pdf
    816.1 KB · Views: 61
   / Brake adjustment on 2210 #5  

Attachments

• 2210_brake.jpg
    2210_brake.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 64
   / Brake adjustment on 2210 #6  
That's 50 years as number one in furniture manufacturing (in my mind...)

/ Brake adjustment on 2210
Here is a pic of the brake pedal and locking mechanism. Better one provided by member "furnone". (if successful trapping, maybe soon to be "furone" or "furtwo")
Found on JD parts

Check out connections and linkages between key # 13 and 23. May take some poking around to learn what is or is not engaging to lock the brake pedal down.
This is very helpful. Thank you!