Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90

/ Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90 #1  

Dead Horse

Platinum Member
I have to replace the brake bands on my big Hesston. I am looking for the parts, but have not had luck yet. I want to have them in hand before I start the tear down.

If I cannot find them does anyone here have advice about getting the old bands relined?

Looking for all the advice I can get.

Going to be a real adventure as he is a big boy...

/ Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90 #2  
I have to replace the brake bands on my big Hesston. I am looking for the parts, but have not had luck yet. I want to have them in hand before I start the tear down.

If I cannot find them does anyone here have advice about getting the old bands relined?

Looking for all the advice I can get.

Going to be a real adventure as he is a big boy...

I just relined the brake bands on my 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop tractor. Found out that very few places will do that type of work here in CA because of air pollution regulations.

You can get the material from McMaster Carr (lining material and rivets). Use a bunch of vice grip pliers to clamp the linings to the band. Used the holes in the band as drill guides to drill holes in the lining. Ground the point off a 3/8" twist drill to make a flat bottom counterbore and drilled the lining.
Attached the lining to the band with nuts and bolts. Replaced the nuts and bolts with rivets, one by one. Used a transfer punch to set the rivets.

IMG_0618 (Small).JPGIMG_0619 (Small).JPGIMG_0620 (Small).JPGIMG_0621 (Small).JPG

Good luck

/ Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90
I just relined the brake bands on my 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop tractor. Found out that very few places will do that type of work here in CA because of air pollution regulations.

You can get the material from McMaster Carr (lining material and rivets). Use a bunch of vice grip pliers to clamp the linings to the band. Used the holes in the band as drill guides to drill holes in the lining. Ground the point off a 3/8" twist drill to make a flat bottom counterbore and drilled the lining.
Attached the lining to the band with nuts and bolts. Replaced the nuts and bolts with rivets, one by one. Used a transfer punch to set the rivets.

View attachment 231755View attachment 231756View attachment 231757View attachment 231758

Good luck

Nice job, thanks for the education!!!!!!!!!! another guy is telling me the NH parts book (NH took over the Hesston parts business) says they are discs not bands, I need to do some more research.

/ Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90 #4  
Its a Fiat from italy. You might find parts from Canada.
LAY COOK Equipment of Memphis TN can reline that look em up in the book.

/ Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90 #5  
   / Brake bands on a Hesston 100 90
Thanks guys. Looks like I have to open it up to be sure exactly what I need to replace. In the meantime it has work to do, so down time will have to wait.