Brakes

/ Brakes #1  

dylan

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat B series
How do you guys and girls find the brakes on your toolcats?

We do a lot of road travel and while hardly ever needing to use the brakes, when we do, it can be pretty tricky.
At the slightest touch the brakes just lock up. It is not fun for us or the people behind us.

The dealer adjusted them once and we got more travel in the petal, but now you just have 2 inches of travel before they lockup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dylan

/ Brakes #2  
Dylan,

I have the opposite problem and posted on it previously. My brakes will not hold the Toolcat still on a slope. I instinctively hit the brake pedal when I am dumping on a slope but I don't think it has any effect. I use the hydrostatic drive for stopping and holding it still when on a slope.

The brakes are integrated inside the axles. According to the service manual, they are calibrated using the Bobcat Service Analyzer software from a laptop. I have not found any other adjustments listed. My dealer didn't seem to know anything about the brakes and suggested they were functioning as designed. I'm not sure that mine work at all and what I am seeing is just how the hydrostatic drive stops/holds the unit.

dsb