**** Branch

/ **** Branch #1  

Kyle241

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Here are some pics of the damage a branch did when it slid up under my tractor and into my radiator fan.

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

New fan installed.
DSC_0332-1.jpg

Now I need to get a price on a radiator as I'm not so sure this one can be fixed. I'll still take it to the local radiator shop but I'm not holding out hope. This time round the, I believe the branch pushed the fan blades into the rad and it was subsequently crushed pretty good.

/ **** Branch #2  
This time ...

So there was/were other times? If that's the case, you have some might bad luck there. :laughing: (sorry, couldn't resist). Good luck with salvaging the rad.

/ **** Branch
So there was/were other times? If that's the case, you have some might bad luck there. :laughing: (sorry, couldn't resist). Good luck with salvaging the rad.

Yup, twice!!! The first one was about 10 yrs ago though and on my previous property.

/ **** Branch #4  
The Radiator shop shouild be able to recore it for ya.

/ **** Branch #5  
Yup, twice!!! The first one was about 10 yrs ago though and on my previous property.

maybe its time to put a nice expanded metal steel screen over the spot these branches are getting in? Sorry to hear tho always sucks when the tractor is not in working mode that seems to be the time you need it most.

/ **** Branch #6  
The places branches can get into is amazing, and the damage they can cause with hoses, wires and other things is hard to believe. I feel like I should put armor on the tractor.

/ **** Branch #7  
A friend from work had the same problem with his B, immediately upon getting it. It didn't have 5 hrs on the clock and needed a new rad & fan. Then he put plywood in the opening in front of the rad where the stick got in from below. Poor design as that should be guarded, IMHO. I checked this on my L when I got it, and there is no openings a stick can get into, unless it punches through the grill completely.

/ **** Branch #8  
Those old bumpers seem to be a great way to slow this problem down. Just wondering, why so much damage? Seems when the stick encountered the fan, you should have heard the tick tick tick like a playing card on a bicycle spoke, long before the fan was shredded into the radiator.
David from jax

/ **** Branch
Those old bumpers seem to be a great way to slow this problem down. Just wondering, why so much damage? Seems when the stick encountered the fan, you should have heard the tick tick tick like a playing card on a bicycle spoke, long before the fan was shredded into the radiator.
David from jax

Don't know why the radiator took such a hit. As soon as it happened, I shut the engine off perhaps a few seconds after but that blade is spinning fast so I am assuming the branch pushed a small piece of metal that acts as a guard between the fan and the fan belts. This subsequently caused the blades to bend in towards the radiator so I'm guessing the blades spun around a few times before they stopped.

/ **** Branch #10  
you should have heard the tick tick tick like a playing card on a bicycle spoke, long before the fan was shredded into the radiator.
David from jax

How do you figure that??
Seem like a couple inches of forward travel is the difference between encountering the fan, & it being pushed into the radiator. Don't know anyone that has that kind of reaction time... :confused2: