Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #1  

prichard

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2601 FEL
Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2670 vs Kubota B series

I can get both tractors for about the same price. My wife is pulling for the 'bota since it seems anyone you talk to recommends them. Might have to do with the number of jobs they provide here in GA. I can get the BX with 0% financing so that makes it about $3k cheaper once payments are done.

We have about 2.5 acres and will for short term use bush hog and auger for fence posts. We will be building a house over the next couple years and use FEL somewhat for that and we'll do some grading. Land is all pretty flat, Once we move there we will have 1-3 acres of gardens - neighbors offered us use of their fields. Bush hogging is to keep brush at bay, not grass.

So the way I see it Kubota gets the pros for finance cost, residual value, dealer network, lots of folks have them so help with issues should be easy to find.

Pros for Branson are an extra 300lbs in weight, FEL lift capacity and 3pt lift capacity. Plus Branson has longer warranty which is somewhat relevant since usage will be low over the next couple years.

So, do I need the extra weight and lift?

Last edited:
   / Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #2  
I'd get the Kubota. The reviews of Branson are hit or miss.

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #3  
Between those 2 I would go with the Kubota . And maybe look at something just a little larger cause a BX in my opinion for Bush Hog work is not a good choice. Just my .02

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570
That was why I questioned the 'bota. The Branson is a bigger tractor. The wife wondered if we needed to step up to a B series, but then didn't like the ~$2k price jump.

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #5  
Kubota all the way, a Branson in my opinion isn't comparable. Maybe a good tractor, but not apples to apples.

OK, so we went to Kubota dealer and Branson dealer tonight, they were closed but we looked over the machines. We both prefered Kubota look and feel. The Branson just looks inferior and the operator station felt cramped.

So, my wife says "Are you sure the BX is big enough?" I love my wife, she's suggesting I get a bigger toy! She is totally sold on Orange and put off by Branson. She's been reading on here and also has heard of Kubota and not Branson.

We are a little concerned about NC419N's comments. Do others agree that we need to go larger for brush cutting? What sacrifices will we face going with B2301 vs B2601 given the loss of a couple HP gross and PTO? I think brush cutting and box blade will be the biggest loads on it.

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #7  
Me personally I would look at stepping up just a bit.

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #8  
Listen to your wife, and buy a bigger tractor. $2000 is pretty cheap compared to a machine that is forever too small. $2000 is even cheaper compared to a upgrade in tractors.

/ Branson 2400h vs Kubota BX2570 #9  
The BX's are great little machines that do more work than you'd expect from such a small rig. But they are purposely built with smaller wheels so they can mow efficiently and that makes for a rougher ride and lower ground clearance in rough ground and taller brush. The slightly larger B size tractors are better suited for that kind of work and would be worth the extra price if you can deal with it financially.

Thank you all for your input. I have quote requests out for the B2601. 1 came back for dealer down the road at $2.5k over the BX2670. I'm still waiting for response from Barlows.