Branson 4720 TLB

/ Branson 4720 TLB #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I was looking at a Branson 4720 online.

Can someone tell me how good are the Branson loaders and backhoes?

Does the tractor have enough hydraulic capacity to run these attachments well? Are the number of remotes limited so you cannot have a 4in1 bucket?

Will the new larger 30 series tractors have a better hydraulic system to perform even better?

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ Branson 4720 TLB #2  
yooperdave
Both the Zetor (by Century) and the Branson have more then enough hydraulic flow to run their loader or backhoe attachments. With the Zetor though you can get a third function option. By pressing a button on the joystick you can operate the 4in1 bucket without ever letting go of the joystick. It is really slick.
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Branson 4720 TLB #3  
yooper and Chipperman,

We just installed a grapple on a Branson using the same type of third valve (electric over hydraulic) with a button set-up on the joystick. Works great. It doesn't take much flow at all to run a 4-n-1 or a grapple, so the pump isn't an issue on that. We have sold nearly 30 Branson TLB's in the last year and we have not had one complaint regarding the speed of the backhoe. Even so, if your primary use of the tractor is 8 hours a day of backhoe work I'd recommend a PTO pump. It will be a little faster and keeps the hot oil out of your tractor.

/ Branson 4720 TLB #4  
Here is a photo from one of my proud customer.
A Century 3040 with a C50 HL Loader with the skid steer type quick attach system and a C86 Backhoe that was delivered a short time ago with the 3rd function hydraulics on the fender mounted pistol grip joystick and a 73" 4 in one Woods bucket.A sweet setup all around
1078629077860_12_03photos_067.jpg
http://www.tractorloft.com/Century.htm

/ Branson 4720 TLB #5  
Dave, I'd be interested in hearing / seeing more on that joystick set-up for the grapple. Is this an add-on to the current branson joystick, or do you have to buy a whole new joystick. If you have a digital camera, take some pictures and describe the set-up. I have an interest in a grapple for moving brush, logs around my place. Is the grapple just an add on arm to a current branson bucket or another mfg's product?

Oh, by the way, my branson dealer has 2 4720's sitting on his lot.

pete

/ Branson 4720 TLB #6  
Shifty, did the controller for the 4 in 1 come from the factory that way, or did you install yourself. What brand, details, ect. How about a close up picture of the control set-up.

Nice looking century.

pete

/ Branson 4720 TLB #7  
To Yooper Dave, I have a Branson 7620 BH (7 1/2 ft), made by ameriquip, running on my Branson 4020. I spent some time running it this weekend, and I would have to say it moves very quickly....I have to be careful not to bang my stops....( still learning). I am starting to prepare a wooded site for builing a barn. Today I brought down some 45-50 ft red cedars using the hoe. See attached picture.

sassafraspete

Attachments

• 383910-tree9.jpg
    383910-tree9.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 710
   / Branson 4720 TLB #8  
Pete,

I wish I had taken a picture of the hydraulic set-up we used. A very clean mount. We used the factory joystick, although we had to turn it down a little on the lathe for the knob/switch to fit properly.

Th grapple we used is a Gearmore product and it bolts or welds to the Branson bucket. It's a clean set-up.

/ Branson 4720 TLB #10  
Pete,

I buy them through Gearmore, yet I suspect WR Long and Woods probably use the same or very similar systems. I think any dealer that sells a FEL mounted hydraulic system will have access to these. I like Gearmore because they only make good stuff, but I sometimes wonder if a guy spent the time shopping hydraulic suppliers if he couldn't get it a little cheaper. List through Gearmore is $350 for the valve, knob/switch and bracket to mount it. The key is where to mount the unit to minimize wiring and plumbing and give it a factory look.

Next time we do one of these I'll snap a picture of the finished product.