Branson Tractor Reliability

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #11  
As a fairly new Branson owner I was hesitant to chime in. I purchased a brand new 5520R last April. I currently have 176 hours on the tractor. Not enough hours in my opinion to pass the reliability and longevity test. I will say all good and this time with no issues.
This is a gear driven tractor with both the range selector and synchronize transmission silky smooth. Loads of power as well. Have only experienced 2 regens one at 102 hours and 167 hours. I bought the Branson after extensive research. The simplicity of no ecm and no worries of a check engine light or limp mode a definite selling point with my decision.
How is the regen process on these 2021 models? Does it ask with a light on a dash? Can you run it while regening or do you have to stop?

I've been reading about this but found mixed responses about the process.

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #12  
How is the regen process on these 2021 models? Does it ask with a light on a dash? Can you run it while regening or do you have to stop?

I've been reading about this but found mixed responses about the process
You will get a dash light and alarm "ding". You do not immediately have to stop working. You can continue work the tractor and it will intermittently continue to remind you. Once you are at a stopping point, you park the tractor, pull all select levers in neutral and engage park brake. Pull throttle to approx. 2800 rpms press and hold regen button by loader joystick until alarm "ding" and "regen in progress" light will show on dash. After DPF is clean the tractor will let you know with 3 "dings" of the alarm. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes burn time) You can then throttle down and go back to work or I like to do a short idle cool down for my turbo charger before completely shutting down.
It is an easy process but you do have to stop working.

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #13  
You will get a dash light and alarm "ding". You do not immediately have to stop working. You can continue work the tractor and it will intermittently continue to remind you. Once you are at a stopping point, you park the tractor, pull all select levers in neutral and engage park brake. Pull throttle to approx. 2800 rpms press and hold regen button by loader joystick until alarm "ding" and "regen in progress" light will show on dash. After DPF is clean the tractor will let you know with 3 "dings" of the alarm. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes burn time) You can then throttle down and go back to work or I like to do a short idle cool down for my turbo charger before completely shutting down.
It is an easy process but you do have to stop working.

Thanks for your answer. Looks like a very simple and easy process.

It's nice that they now have a way to increase the temps on the DPF to allow for better regens. The old system relied mostly on the engine load and exhaust temperatures, which for some environments could be problematic.

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #14  
I'm very happy with my Branson 4225h. Mind you, at <3 yrs and 250 hrs it would be sad if I were not.

All my maintenance has been due to operator error or bad luck/hard duty cycle (e.g. tree top falling on parked tractor, smooshing the loader joystick; broken backhoe teeth clawing hard granite). That has confirmed my thinking at time of purchase, that it's good to go a bit old-fashioned/mechanical over modern computer-controlled, so you're repairing metal rather than replacing electronics when something goes wrong.

Mind you, any tractor has its share of unique parts that you need to order direct from manufacturer, unless you have them custom fabbed. The Branson advantage that this is likely to be mechanical, not electronic is offset by the fact that their long-term commitment to the North American market is a bit clueless at best. I've got a good dealer, so no trouble now, but I do wonder about 5-10+ years from now.

Example: I needed to replace the shoulder bolt that the 3ph lower arms or backhoe frame rests on (I apparently improperly tightened it, nut wiggled loose while I was aggressively box blading, and threads got squashed on the bent bolt). It's a 88m shoulder bolt with a 27mm hex head, the shoulder 22mm diam x 67mm long and the bottom M16x21 threaded. Good luck sourcing precisely that if your dealer is no longer around or if Branson/TYM exit the North American business.

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #15  
Very happy with my machine. Purchased mine ca. 2004 and only have 450 hours. Replaced feul gage sender/tie rod assemblies under warranty, thank you Kevin/C'VILLE Power. Upgraded power steering tank to steel. Backhoe seat replaced. Battery gave up the ghost due to coavid. Replaced stiff loader hoses last year due to one failure (my fault). Last weekend, I transitioned to a SSA adapter.

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #16  
My 7 year old Branson (that I just sold) had around 800 hours. I think the only thing I did to it was the main hydraulic hose under warrenty after I had it about a year. I have no complaints.

/ Branson Tractor Reliability #17  
I’ve had mine since 2016. Zero problems except for battery cable ends need replaced this year and I have a terrible time seeing the hydraulic oil in the sight glass. Really happy with it.

Last edited:
   / Branson Tractor Reliability #19  
LouNY perhaps you can find something here that will
be of help?????

willy
Thanks,
I looked through several of those and found the operators manual in many of them but no service manual.
I have been told by several dealers and a few area rep that Branson has never released a service manual for the 8050 now one of the area Regional Reps did say an English version so there may be a Korean one someplace out there it amazes me that a company would manufacture and sell a tractor with no service manual available.